A Misunderstanding

"What is it Sahadev?" Arjun now looked up at Sahadev. Sahadev sat beside Arjun on the ground. "Bhaiyya... It's about something between you and Bhaabi.", Sahadev replied, fidgeting. Arjun frowned and then looked away. After a moment, he placed a hand on his brother's shoulder and spoke soothingly, in order to relax Sahadeva's obvious tension, "It's okay then, leave it. By the way, she isn't your 'Bhaabi' yet". He smiled slightly, though his heart was clouded.

Krishnaa couldn't believe her ears. Her Sakha said these words... "Sakha.." she let out a gasp of disbelief as the tears pricked her eyes. "Wait Sakhi... Wait.."
Krishna came near and sat beside her in the couch. "See.. if Dhananjaya Arjuna wins you in a Swayamvara, then his honour in the Aryavart will be increased further. Moreover, that will be a good comeback too.." ,concluding, Krishna winked at his Sakhi. Krishnaa couldn't help but let a smile escape onto her lips. But soon it faded...
"But... How will he attend the Swayamvar in disguise???" She enquired. Krishna just raised a palm and asked her to calm down, with a smile.

Next morning as the Pandava brothers roamed in the market for Bheeksha, in disguise, suddenly they heard a man, in royal attire, seeming to be a royal servant , saying to a shopkeeper, "Her Highness, the Princess's Swayamvar will be arranged soon. Messengers have been sent to invite princes from all over Aryavart..." He was still talking, but nothing more reached Arjuna's ears. His world faded away from in front of his eyes. It felt like an apocalypse. Bheem held him and they moved away into the nearby forest outskirts. "Arjun... Calm down.. there must be something more to it.." Yudhishthir said. Arjun has got over the initial shock and rage ran as a fiery current through his veins. How could she? Inspite of knowing the truth. He had lost his reasoning due to the deep dejection, or else he would have easily got the twist.

The Panchal messenger reached Hastinapur pretty quick, after three days. As he read out the invite in the Rajsabha, Duryodhan had already started building castles in the air. Unfortunate Angraj failed to notice the twist in the invite for the 'Prince or Yuvraaj'.

Krishnaa got down from her horse. She was quite near the potter's hut. It was almost midnight. The Purnima moon was glowing high in the sky. She went near the hut, all dressed in a white saari and cloak. She was near the window, when suddenly somebody held a knife at her throat and dragged her behind. They both hurled into the shrubs.
"What are you doing here, princess?" Arjun asked, firm and frowning. Krishnaa looked into his glowing hazels and in a second she spotted the misunderstanding. She held his biceps to support herself and suddenly started giggling. She was giggling and giggling and a tear escaped her eye. Arjun was too shocked to react. "Just look at your face..."
Krishnaa then abruptly stopped giggling. Then she caressed his shoulder blades and hugged him. "Good Lord! Don't you know your Mastermind Sakha?! It's all his plot to glorify your valour and arrange for a grand comeback.. we are stronger together, right?? And the comeback is always stronger naah!!" She winked at him. This time Arjun got the twist. He pushed her on the grass and looked intently into her blue lotus eyes. He slowly brought his nose near her throat and inhaled her scent. They knew the discrepancy was over. Love won, yet again.