Chapter 73: Not there yet

Angel watched the suitcases go by, standing there among the crowds lost in his thoughts. To say he'd been comfortable during the entire ordeal on the plane was a stretch. Molly had done much of the talking and, well Angel was just happy to use the card game as a distraction.

Though now with it gone his thoughts returned to what he'd been mulling over. He tried to keep his mind on the job, the main reason as to why he came to Pennsylvania. But once it was done, what was left to distract himself with?

No, he couldn't distract himself forever. He knew that.

He sighed as he found his suitcase, quickly grabbing it off the canal belt. Now he just had to wait for Mollys. She and Cherri were already outside the airport. He assumed the guys were roaming around somewhere attempting to get their luggage. It still sucked that he had to go through the trouble of getting it despite riding on a damn jet. Stupid paranoid workers.

"Are you not ready yet?" Angel flinched at the voice. Getting lost in thought had its downfalls. For example, not sensing his soulmate that had walked up behind him.

Angel didn't turn, instead keeping his mismatched eyes on the belt. Searching for that pink suitcase. He struggled to find his words, grip on the handle of his case tightening. Turning his knuckles white. He could hear his heart in his ears, his legs felt like led. An invisible weight on his shoulders.

"I dunno.." Angel muttered honestly. Though after a few seconds he realized what he said. "Uh-I mean.." he fumbled keeping his eyes down and his back to Alastor. "N-no...I'm waitin' on Moll's suitcase."

Alastor hadn't heard the initial response, so gave no reaction to it. He moved to stand beside the blonde, his hands behind his back per usual. "It seems they've misplaced mine too.." He attempted to converse.

Whether Angel wanted to or not any words got trapped in his throat. The crowds around them seemed to melt away, only they float there. Angel's legs shook as he unconsciously counted the suitcases that passed him. He closed his eyes, taking a breath. His stomach was rolling, throat tightening as if someone was choking him. Squeezing the air from his lungs.

Alastor looked over in concern when Angel abruptly gagged, quick to cover his mouth. The brunette's lips dipped, nearly frowning. "Anthony it's okay." He muttered.

Angel's breath shook as he turned completely away from Alastor. "C-can.." he struggled to speak. "Y-you get her suitcase..it's..p-pink." He paused once more to steady his breathing. Gagging again despite his best efforts to suppress it. "I need air."

"..Of course," Alastor answered keeping his tone neutral. As soon as he gave a reply Angel hastily walked away from him. Noticeably not towards the exit, but just away. He sighed, turning his attention back to the belt. "Feel better soon amor."

Stepping out of the airport Angel couldn't find Cherri or Molly around. With a relieved sigh, the blonde moved to sit down against the outside wall. The warm air did seem to help his nerves.

There were larger cities to Pennsylvania like New York though they landed in a more subtle town. Ridgway, it had lush greenier and wasn't nearly as crowded as New York. A cute little town from the looks of it. Something Angel found oddly refreshing. The air was certainly less cloudy.

Angel glanced down as something brushed against his leg. With a raised brow he eyed the odd black cat. With a stare, he realized he recognized those blue eyes. Huffing, he reached out a hand, gently caressing the cat's head.

"..Ay buddy," Angel whispered with a small smile. The shadow cat-that appeared much like a normal one to anyone else-rubbed against Angel's hand in satisfaction. "I missed ya too pal." He scratched behind the cat's ear as it laid its head upon Angel's leg. Angel closed his eyes, continuing to pet the cat.