Chapter 14: Mask of pain

Alastor tapped his foot against the sidewalk as he stood outside the park, the only meeting place he could think of. His lips were turned in a nervous smile compared to his usual grin as he glanced up and down the street. If he grinned all the time in public it would be seen as strange. It had been an hour...perhaps it would be best if he had just left? He didn't understand why he wanted to see that human specifically again, but the thought just kept gnawing at his brain. He tried to ignore it, he really had by doing anything today that he normally did.

He woke up feeling strange as it was and his mind was stuck on the expression that blonde made...was it guilt?

...It felt similar to it but not quite...

He had felt guilt before.

Although that was many years ago.

No...he just felt...

Lost?

Like he was wandering in the dark without a light. Similar to his dreams...he had another strange dream last night in fact. He hadn't had a dream at all since the first time it happened in hell with the strange silhouette.

He had been walking through a black abyss again, and he felt loss...but this time, no one had shown up or it seemed that way. When it felt like he could take no more he spotted some strange silhouette in the distance with the same pink glow around their body. They were on their knees and it looked like they were weeping. He wasn't sure what had come over him but could feel a strong sorrow emitting from them...and he wanted to get rid of that sorrow. He ran to the strange silhouette and simply knelt down, Alastor wasn't used to touching others nor being touched even in his dreams so all he had done was hold their shoulder but that seemed to be enough to make the seemingly crying silhouette stop crying and glow brighter.

Then he'd woken up...feeling warm and not knowing why.

He shook his head, dismissing the thought for now.

In all his years he never failed to kill another...but this human, Angel, had avoided his attack and so easily. Sure there were others similar to him who tried to stop Alastor's attacks but they never succeeded. Even when he was alive he overpowered them when it came to strength and even now he still had especially considering he had that demonic power to tap into and this body was nothing more than a husk to carry his soul.

Was that the reason he found such an interest in him? Because he was a challenge? Or was it simply due to something else...something he was not seeing? Did these strange dreams have any connection to this? He had been here for a month, a month! Yet no dreams until last night...why now?

He looked up again, still no sign of a certain blonde-haired man.

"Alastor"

The brunette looked around, confused for a moment.

"Alastor we need to talk."

Ah, he recognized that voice. His brows knit together as he looked up and down the sidewalk...no, he likely wasn't going to show. This was fine...

Alastor pushed off the black gates at the park's entrance and walked down the street near one of the alleyways. He did not need anyone seeing him seemingly talking to himself, he did not want to arouse suspicion, that would be troublesome.