Chapter 63: The real me

Please listen to this while reading 

Something ain't right.

He looked down at his hand, body outlined in a pink glow. The color of his soul.

The void..he was, here again, glimpses of this place would also show itself to him whenever he dreamt. The times he couldn't see clearly brought him to this place. But with this place always came the other half..his other half.

So then where was he?

A frown pursed his lips, looking around the endless darkness. This place felt...off. Something felt off.

"Alastor!" He called, but there was no response of any type. His voice only echoed into the shadowy emptiness. This place made him feel at peace those other times, but now, it left him with a cold sensation in the pit of his gut.

Something ain't right.

His mind repeated.

"Alastor!" Again he called, and again there was no response.

This area brought about a feeling of dread, hopelessness. It never had before...this wasn't that space, was it?

A force tugged on his arm and he whirled around only to find nobody there, just a door. It looked worn out like it had been there for years. The wood was decayed the knob rusty showing the metal under. Remanence of a black inky substance lingered around the frame.

Yet despite its appearance, he felt drawn to it.

A tad hesitant he reached out for the knob, a cold chill running through him as his hand brushed the handle. As he turned it, it refused to budge. The frown upon the silhouette's faces deepened.

"Alastor?" He knocked on the door; nothing.

I've let you into my mind, why can't you let me into yours?

His grip tightened on the knob.

What are you hiding?

He stared at the old door, it felt like years had gone by as he stood there. But did time really exist in this place?

"...Edward let me in." He spoke, softer.

A click sounded and as he stepped back, the door cracked open a red light pouring out from inside. Though there was nothing to see through the small space.

Swallowing, he dared to enter.

His vision was blinded by a light, when Angel did open his eyes again he found himself in a woodland area of all places.

It was night, the sky above dark, filled with stars and the sounds of crickets. He stood alone in this forest, trees going as far as the eye can see. Nothing else.

Something ain't right.

His mind whispered once again..this time that feeling accompanying him. A sinking sensation in the pit of his stomach.

A rush of wind blew past his face along with a shadow. It took a few seconds for the sounds of footsteps to register and for Angel to realize someone had just run past him.