Chapter 38: What's to come.

(Listen to the song while reading this chapter, trust me.)

               Heels clicked against the floor, echoing off the large room's walls. The demoness fidgeted with her fingers as she stopped in front of the throne. What looked to be a man in a white suit and a large top hat that covered his eyes, sat in the throne. He was humming a low tune as he turned a page in a book on his lap. Just beneath the hat a smile could be seen.

The demoness tucked a strand of blonde behind her ear. She nervously cleared her throat as she looked upon the man. "U-um, dad? Can I ask you something?"

He paused, the humming coming to a halt as the creature lifted its head. Small black eyes focused on the spitting image of himself. Wearing some other kind of ball gown but just of another color and style. She never seemed to like them.

"What is it Charlie dear?" The man, or rather what looked like a very pale man with red cheeks, spoke. His voice deep and smooth; the voice that lured many to their second death.

Charlie glanced at the book in his hands briefly before continuing on. "I was just curious. That whole, tale about how 'demons can revert back to a human', i-its not true right?" She kept her eyes on her father trying to look brave despite not feeling it at all.

Her father looked at her for a moment before slowly rising from his chair. He waved his hand dismissing the book from sight. Walking forward with his hands at his side, he began to hum again. "Oh Charlie my dear, that tale is very real. But you have no idea just how fun it is to watch."

Charlie gulped a chill running up her spine as she looked over her shoulder. The dim light that filled the long corridor leading to her father's throne seemed to grow darker.

She turned and followed him past multiple doors as he walked to the end of that room. "What do you mean watch?" She asked once they'd reached the end of the room. Her father stood in front of a large window overlooking hell.

Her father chuckled. "Charlie I know you are still very young. But you really must work on your poker face if you're going to rule one day." If it were possible what little color she had on her white face would have left at this moment.

Looking over hell and the many buildings in the distance, with a few growing in height, the creature smiled. Sensing his daughter's fear. "That little deer you are protecting, its pointless sweetie." Her body tensed as she kept her eyes down. "Charlie, I'm the ruler of hell, did you really think I wouldn't know of your summoning to the living world? Or that you've been in cahoots with him."

Charlie opened her mouth but no words came out, getting caught in her throat. No waiting for her to answer he father continued. "Charlie I'll never understand why you care for these pathetic creatures. They've lived their lives and now they shall suffer here for their sins. There is no redeeming them. They will always be worthless insects." Charlie's lips trembled as did her body.

"N-No." She muttered as she shook her head looking up at her father who had a grin plastered across his face. "No your wrong! I know there's still some good in my people!" Her father looked over his shoulder, down upon her as she hadn't reached his height just yet.

His slitted pupils glowed a soft red as did the red on his cheeks. Turning fully to his daughter he let out a burst of sadistic laughter filling the emptiness of the long and narrowed room. Going as far as holding his chest.