76

Hiyaaa happy reading. Also I love that so many of you are rereading the other books it makes me so happy :)
Remember to vt and comment

"I tried to bake this cake three times before this one." I say, swinging my legs as Henry stood at the opposite counter smiling at me. I was sat on top, just finished dishing out cake to drunk people.

"I am sure you did." He mumbles.

I frown. "What is that meant to mean?"

He pauses. "You like perfection."

I pull a face. This is not a conversation that tipsy Em needs to get involved in.

"Well I like you don't I?" I joke instead of engaging.

Henry narrows his eyes at me. "I mean, apparently not."

I grin, laughing at him and he shakes his head at me.

We um, cleared a few things up yesterday. I was really honest. I kinda expected him to be severely awkward around me today. This evening. Instead, as usual he hasn't really left my side. But I breathe easier knowing he knows exactly what's going on in my head.

It's Luella's birthday. This morning she had to go back home and see family, but she came back around six and we all did presents and August and T came up and we had some dinner, like take out.

It wasn't awkward with August. We didn't speak directly much, but we were fine together. It was okay.

T and August stayed for the party. Luella invited Rayne as well, and Jude and Henry.

Luella also invited a few people from her course, there was a girl called Iris, with really fair hair, cut just under her chin, another girl called Yasmine who was just quietly sat on our arm chair crossed legged and vibing to the music and a guy called Elijah. He was beautiful. But we didn't get to talk much because he just came up to drop her a gift- which was alcohol but then he left saying he had been called in to work.

Anyway because there wasn't like loads of us, we were all just sat around the front room, drinking, playing games which was Luella's favourite thing to do.

But then I decided everyone needed cake so now I am sat up here still, Henry watching me.

"I like you very much." I correct him.

He just smiles and rolls his eyes at me. "You are drunk."

I blink at that. "No I was just saying I like you as a friend, I wasn't confesing. We just went over-"

He steps forwards and his hand lifts to my lips, his eyes wide as he mutes me. "I meant because you were swaying."

I laugh behind his hand and I drag a hand through my hair when he steps back.

"Henry this isn't allowed to be awkward."

"Em you're making it awkward."

My lips part and I lift my foot to kick him away, he just chuckles and helps me down from the side.

"Come on, stop being weird and lets join everyone."

"Yeah whatever." I say, moving past him and there's a small gap next to August as he sits on the carpet by the coffee table and I just go and sit down in it.

"Uh oh drunk Em coming near me is not a good sign." He whispers, leaning down into my ear and I pull away from him in shock.

Why do these boys-

I straighten my amused face. "Leo which one of us keeps coming onto the other? It's not me."

His jaw ticks in shock and then his usual smirk appears on his face and he turns back to the group, ignoring me.