6

Vote. Remember to comment. Pretty pls and also ty for your support. I am writing when I cant sleep. I am sure yous have figured out that I dont really sleep lol. But yeah- I am focusing on getting my life together during the day and then writing when I cant sleep. Also back on my meds so aye right? lol

Anyway ty for those who comment especially. it's like my fav thing. it's helping.

"Emersyn Rose?" My mum calls sternly to me just as I was about to slip out to go to work. It was only like half eight in the morning, but I knew she would be up, she always is. At least I tried to avoid her.

"Yeah?" I call back, still a few meters from the kitchen where she stood waiting for me expectantly.

"Come here?"

"Mum I am going to be late for work."

"Em." She says and I immediately wince at her tone, walking back to her.

"Yeah?"

"What happened last night?"

"Huh?"

"Your dad says you came in and went straight to your room. You didn't even eat baby and-"

I send her a reassuring smile, taking this moment to crouch and tie up my shoe.

"It was just a stupid argument with Rayne. I am fine now, we talked over the phone last night and he apologised and shit. Like we are okay."

"What happened?" She says concerned and I shrug.

"Nothing major. I just got upset with him. It happens."

"Never happened before." My mum mumbles, frowning at me.

"Well yeah but obviously there are new dynamics in our relationship now mum. So it's a little more complicated. But we are working on it don't worry."

Her eyebrows raise. "yeah okay you sound much more mature than I did at your age. Go. Have a good day at work."

I laugh at her. "Are you going to be home when I get back?"

"Mhm." She hums and then she frowns. "Who are you going to be working with?"

"A new girl. Don't worry."

There was this man who worked there. He- he wasn't very nice. Like not in a weird way, he just seriously was the rudest person I have ever met. Like he was just horrible. I even complained about him to the supervisor.

Turns out it's her nephew. That was a huge mistake. Ha.

"Oh did David get fired?"

"No." I sigh. "But I am not on shifts with him anymore."

She smiles relieved but then she just looks at me seriously. "Emmy you could just come and work with me."

"I am trying to be independent mum. Plus I wanna fund the travelling by myself. If I worked for you it would be literally you just paying me and I don't wanna take money from you."

She just huffs and turns away, waving me away from her and I turn my hands up to the ceiling in exasperation.

"Well the job offer is there for you if you need it Em."

"Thank you." I say to the back of her head and then I head out to work.

....

I worked at the library, I don't know if that has already been mentioned. I worked here since well... one day a few years ago I was studying... it was fine and all but then I needed this book which was really really high up and instead of asking someone I decided to climb...