Chapter 19

*Jack's POV*

Alex wouldn't stop drinking, I enjoyed it at first until he started getting a little too obnoxious for my mental state to handle right now.
It's only 11 PM and he's screaming along to Like A Virgin by Madonna. Still, I entertained him by dancing with him for a while, making him laugh and giggle like a child as I spun him around the room, picking him up and holding him with his legs around my waist, twirling us around and jumping around the room. I put him back down and lounged back on the couch for a bit as I watched him dance his little ass off. Still, his mood was a lot for me right now so I stood up and kissed his cheek, "Okay I'm gonna go read some things for school okay? You look like you're having a great time out here. Come get me if you need me okay?" I shook my head as he just ignored me, climbed onto the coffee table with the tequila bottle in hand, shaking his ass.
I smiled a little and walked into our room, leaving the door open.

I peeked out as he just kept up with what he was doing, dancing and singing random songs that I didn't know.
I watched from the door as he got his guitar out and first he sat on the couch, just strumming after turning the music down. How he could play perfectly while extremely drunk was incredible to me. 
Alex strummed that guitar looking so focused. He was thinking of something.
He put it down, got up and sprinted over to the dining table where he'd left his notebook. I couldn't see him from where I sat on our bed, but I saw him run back to the couch, tripping over himself as he did, catching himself on the arm of the couch and laughing a stupid drunk laugh at himself.
I rolled my eyes a little with a tiny smile.
Obnoxious as he is right now, I love him.
He's at least not drinking himself further into the couch, growing a beard.
I don't like that drunk Alex. This drunk Alex is fun.

I looked down to my laptop screen and go back to reading for a while as I listened to him playing his guitar. He seemed to have found a tune and he played it over and over again. It's a beautiful tune, so I am the furthest thing from annoyed.
The talent that radiates from this guy drives me insane.

Then I heard him singing and stopping to write things down.
I tried to put it all together, but he'd sing a bit, stop, write it down, sing, stop, write it down and then start again. He got up and started pacing with his guitar, singing bits and pieces almost silently as he played, and it seemed like what he was doing just flowed. He wasn't thinking about it, he was just singing. He perched himself up on the back of the couch, playing, humming a bit and singing to himself before he laid down on the back, one leg hanging over the edge, his foot on the cushions.

I stood up, walked to the door and leaned in the door frame, watching as he started playing and then singing as it all came together. He made me so curious.
He closed his eyes, strummed and sang audibly so I could finally make out what he was saying.
He wasn't even slurring his words as he sang. They flowed from his tongue like pure poetry.

I closed my eyes and listened to his words, wondering what they meant.

'I think I'm going through denial
It's been a while
But it's clear when it hits me.

I think I might have gone insane
I rot my brain, getting high on our history

Always know I'll be the one you'd sink your teeth into
Never thought I'd taste this good to anyone but you

How you gonna say that, take it all back
Fuckin' with my head will make my heart attack
And it's so bad, feelin' this sad
Runnin' round in circles down a one way track 'cause
You know what you do

How you gonna say that, take it all back
Fuckin' with my head will make my heart attack, yeah

Trapped like rats inside a maze
It ain't the same, but it sure comes close now
Pretty venom in my veins
How many ways, can I say this over

Always know I'll be the one you'd sink your teeth into
Never thought I'd taste this good to anyone but you

How you gonna say that, take it all back
Fuckin' with my head will make my heart attack
And it's so bad, feelin' this sad

Runnin' round in circles down a one way track 'cause
You know what you do
How you gonna say that, take it all back
Why you wanna do me like that

How you gonna say that, take it all back
Fuckin' with my head will make my heart attack
And it's so bad, feelin' this sad