Let it go

They don't know for how long they stayed under the cool breeze. Now the sun had set and the sky was covered with millions of stars. They both had emotion to deal with, trying their best to accept the fact that they must act like friends from next morning. Both of them were silent, just trying to relax their mind and soul.

After some time, Junkyu spoke "Ruto do you know what all those stars means?"

Haruto spoke "What do they means?"

"They are our loved ones who left us. The more we miss them, the brightest they shine."

Huh, who told you such stupid things?

My dad.

Uhhhh. Haruto quickly apologised because knew how much Junkyu adores his father.

"Ruto you don't have to apologise. I also know it's stupid but I can't stop thinking it's true. You see over there, the one that's shinning the brightest, that one must be my father, watching over me."

Why the brightest?

Because I miss him the most.

Haruto remained quiet.

Even if it's stupid, I want to believe that he is one of those stars. At least this way, I can feel my dad's presence in-front of my eyes. 

After some time Haruto finally spoke "Can I ask you something?"

Hmmmm, what is it?

What happened  that night?

Which night?

Uhhh ---- uhhhh on on your birthday. The night you lost your dad!!!!

Jukyu remained silent.

It's ok if you don't want to. I can totally understand, it's your personal matter and you don't have to share with me. I am not that trustworthy yet.

Ruto stop saying that. You are one person I trust the most. 

I am glad to hear that but you really don't have to Junkyu.

I guess it's time for me to finally share it with someone. Afterall, keeping it to myself for 5 years have already caused me so much of trouble. Maybe, after I share it with someone, it might hurt a little less.

You sure you want to share it with me?

Junkyu nodded. Yes you are the right person to share. He took a deep breath and started to talk.

 'You see, it was my 15th birthday. Every year my grandparents used to throw huge celebration for my birthday, people from wealthiest family whom I had never met before used to come and congratulate me. 

In those big party I always use to miss my mom and dad. My dad was busy with business affairs and he rarely used to be home; and my birthday party was no different. My mom was hated by both of my grandparents for coming from wealthiest family like them so she used to rude behaviour and hateful comments from them. She acted happy just to keep me happy, but I knew she didn't like the parties. 

So, for my 15th birthday, I wanted something different. I wanted to spend it with my Mom and Dad only. My grandparents kept on telling me to go with the usual idea but I kept on denying and finally they agreed. My father also took 2 days leave and we decided to go out for a dinner. Finally, on my birthday, we were about to leave but father checked the weather and it showed heavy rain and thunderstorms. He tried to make us stay and even Grandparents asked us to stay but I didn't listen to it. I said the restaurant were already booked and looking at the current situation I don't think it's going to rain at all. But both my father and grandparents were not listening to me. At the end I said if we are not going out, I will never celebrate my birthday ever again. Finally, my mom convinced dad and we left for the dinner night.