Chapter Twenty {The Final Countdown}

Chapter Twenty

{The Final Countdown}

                “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED! YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO GET MARRIED! DO YOU NOT GET THIS? THIS IS CRAZY! ARE YOU RETARDED? YOU HAVEN’T EVEN BEEN TOGETHER LONG!” Ryan rants again. I raise an eyebrow, rolling over and covering my head. Ryan had been yelling at Katrina and Harry for the past five hours. Five. Long. Fucking. Hours.

                “PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!” Zayn shouts, making me snort. Oh, Zayn.

                Ryan shouting, Zayn shouting, Harry shouting, and Katrina shouting. Throw some of Texas crying and that’s how it’s been for five fucking hours. Ryan doesn’t approve of Harry and Katrina being engaged. Louis just stood back the whole time, worrying about what was to come out of this.

                When the screaming finally stops, I slowly crawl out of my bed and tiptoe into the living room. Ryan’s sitting on the couch, Louis’ arm wrapped around her waist. Her foot is propped on the table with some pillows under it.

                Tears stream down Ryan’s face and Louis sighs, pulling her closer. When he starts off to sing, it’s quiet and I can barely hear it. But, soon after, it gets louder. And his singing forms a crowd in the living room of our hotel rooms.

                “You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war.
You and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the door.
You and I get so damn dysfunctional, we stopped keeping score.
You and I get sick, yeah, I know that we can't do this no more.

Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you.
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
Got you stuck on my body, on my body, like a tattoo.
And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you.

So I cross my heart and I hope to die
That I'll only stay with you one more night
And I know I said it a million times
But I'll only stay with you one more night

Try to tell you "no" but my body keeps on telling you "yes".
Try to tell you to "stop", but your lipstick got me so out of breath.
I'll be waking up in the morning, probably hating myself.
And I'll be waking up, feeling satisfied but guilty as hell.

                Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you.
Making me love
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
I let it all go
Got you stuck on my body, on my body, like a tattoo.
Like a tattoo, yeah
And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you.

So I cross my heart and I hope to die
Yeah
That I'll only stay with you one more night
Oh
And I know I said it a million times
Yeah
But I'll only stay with you one more night
Yeah

Yeah, baby, give me one more night
Whoa, yeah
Yeah, baby, give me one more night
Oh, yeah, yeah

                Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again making me love you.
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
Got you stuck on my body, on my body like a tattoo.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

So I cross my heart and I hope to die
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh
That I'll only stay with you one more night
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
And I know I said it a million times
Oh, I said it a million times
But I'll only stay with you one more night
Yeah, baby give me one more night

                So I cross my heart and I hope to die
Yeah, yeah
That I'll only stay with you one more night
Yeah, yeah
And I know I said it a million times
Yeah, yeah
But I'll only stay with you one more night
Yeah, yeah

I don't know, whatever.

                “AWWWWWWW!” I shout, throwing my hands in the air. “Group hug!” And with that, Ryan and Louis get all of us crowded on top of them. The only people missing are Katrina and Harry. When we pull apart, they both stand in the corner with their arms crossed over their chests. Oh lordy.

                “Get over here. You both know Ryan was right.” I shout and Harry’s the first one to come over. Katrina reluctantly follows as the group hug joins together once more.

*

*One Direction*

*

                        “Jenna, can we talk?” A thick accent asks and I look up from my book to see Liam leaning against the door frame.

                “Er, sure.” I raise an eyebrow, sticking my bookmark in my book. I sit the book on the table and turn my attention towards Liam who is making his way to me. He sits down beside me on the bed, looking me in the eyes.

                “You’ve been my best friend for a long, long time. You were my first kiss. My first love.” Liam looks down, not making eye contact. “What I said on the interview was disrespectful. It was uncalled for. My girlfriend actually broke up with me because of that and fighting Ryan. That was uncalled for also. I said sorry about it and she forgave me.”

                I decide to interrupt him, raising an eyebrow. “You think I’m just like her? That I’m going to forgive her with a snap of your fingers?”

                “No.”

                “DON’T INTERRUPT ME!” I growl, my eyes narrowing. “I’m not going to forgive you like Ryan did, Liam. I don’t have a boyfriend like she does. I can’t fight like Ryan does and I definitely can’t cuss like she can. But, I can hold a grudge. And a good fucking one at that. Your crawling back to me cause you don’t have a fucking girlfriend now, aren’t you? Can’t stand to be single, now can you? Well, you’re a piece of shit Liam James Payne. Piece of shit.”

                “Jenna.”

                “SHUT THE FUCK UP!” I shout loudly.

                “Jenna, I love you.” Liam sighs, looking me dead in the eyes.

                “You, you love me?”

                “Yes.”

                “Out of all the times you can say it, you decide to tell me now?”

                “Yes.”

                “I love you too, Liam James Payne.”

                With that, Liam sighs and slams his lips against mine. Maybe I gave up too easily. But, I don’t care. No, I won’t give him an easy time.

                I need things to go my way for once. Just once.