Chapter 9

Sophie's POV

I sat there eating my breakfast, glancing at Justin every once in a while. He was now seated across from Ash and I, keeping his eyes planted on his food, forking food into his mouth as if he hadn't eaten in days. He soon looked up at me and I quickly looked back down at my food.

What was making me act so weird? He's been my best friend for years! Things feel so weird and awkward. It was that dream I had. It's getting to my head. Now something about Justin is just...attractive, and sexy. I guess I'd never seen him that way before. But now...I can't keep my eyes off him and my stomach feels weird.

"Well," Ashley said with a clank of her fork against her plate. "I'm headed to the mall. You guys wanna come?" She got up and put her plate in the sink. I looked at Justin and he looked at me.

"Nah...I kinda wanna stay here. And if Soph doesn't wanna go, I don't wanna leave her here by herself." He said.

I nodded gently, saying that I'd stay with Justin, and Ashley just shrugged. "Okay, see ya guys later." She grabbed her keys and walked out.

"I gotta head to work," Dad said as he picked up Jessie. He has to take her to daycare on his way to work. "I'll see you two for dinner."

He kissed my cheek. "Please tell Ashley to pick Jessie up on her way back." Grabbing his keys, he told Justin to take it easy and then he left with Jessie, as she opened and closed her hand to us both; her way of waving.

I looked at Justin and saw him smiling. "She's a cutie." He looked at me and I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

"Yeah, she is." I played with my fingers.

"Like her sister." He said, staring at me.

I watched him for a second and then laughed. "Justin." I started to clean up breakfast and wash up the dishes.

"What? It's true." Justin leaned against the counter next to me. I kept my head down as my cheeks continued to burn, and as soon as I finished the dishes, I quickly walked into the living room.

Justin carefully followed me and sat down on the couch next to me.

"Um...how are you feeling? Are you still sore?" I turned a little, facing him. "Yeah, I'm fine." He simply said, keeping his eyes locked on me.

I couldn't take this awkwardness. So I decided to bring things back to normal. "So I had this really weird dream..." I started to laugh a little as I got comfortable into the couch. "I was asleep in my bed, and you just came in and you got on top of me and started kissing me."

Why did I just tell him that?

"Oh, really?" He laughed and put his arm around the back of the couch. "Yeah I mean, it felt so real." I tried to show him I wasn't nervous but I don't think I was doing a very good job at that.

"That's weird, cause I had a dream like that too." He stared at me again. Feeling my cheeks get redder than ever, I quickly got up and laughed.

"Where ya goin?" He grabbed my hand and rubbed it gently, tugging me towards him gently. "I don't wanna get up, I'm getting sore."

I let him hold my hand and I sat back down, examining his face. I was quiet for a while, taking in every part of his face.

"Your bruises are healing faster than I'd thought." I gazed over each of the flaws in his face, over his neck and down his arms. Justin just stared at me, watching me move my eyes down his body. I carefully grazed my fingers over one of his bruises. "Does that hurt?" I asked. I saw him shake his head. "Nope." he almost whispered.

He surprisingly looked better than he has in a while. The only sad part about him was his eyes. He looked kinda lost. All he'd been through, I think it had finally broke him.

Before I knew it, Justin was putting his arm around me and pulling me into him, putting his hand down on my back. Me laid his cheek on the top of my head.

"Hey, Soph, I just wanted to thank you for calling the cops. I shouldn't have made you promise not to. God knows where I'd be if you didn't." He played with the ends of mt hair that laid against the middle of my back.

"It's okay Jay. Don't apologize, I understand why you didn't want me to tell anyone. But you needed help. I couldn't let your dad keep doing what he was doing. You don't have to worry anymore Okay? ... You're safe now." I said to him gently. His grip on me tightened. "Yeah." He said.

His grip was getting noticeably tighter on me, and at one point it started to hurt.

"Justin, you're kinda hurting me." I said, pushing at his chest a little. He quickly loosened his grip. "Oh geez, I'm sorry." he quickly said.

"It's alright," I said as I examined his face. "Are you feeling alright?" I started to get up and he followed me. "Yeah yeah. I'm alright... I think I'm just kinda tired. I'm gonna take a little nap okay? When I wake up we can do something." He smiled and slid his arms around my waist.

"Alright," I said patting his chest gently. "You deserve a good rest." He pressed his lips firmly to my forehead and carefully made his way upstairs, carrying his crutches with him.

I plopped myself down on the couch, wanting to take a nap myself. But I felt too restless to sleep. So I just sat there, staring off into space...

Justin's POV

 I finally made my way up to my room. I can't believe Sophie had a dream about making out with me. Ha! Everything is going perfectly. I sat myself on the bed and pulled a small box out from the drwer next to the bed. I opened it up and picked up the pictures of Sophie and I.

She's so gorgeous, god. I can't get over her. I've always loved her, I'll admit. She's so perfect. 

But I still can't believe she broke her promise. She deliberately disobeyed me. I practically begged her to not call the cops and she did it anyways. I could have taken my dad down. But they showed up right beofre I got my chance to finally prove my dad wrong, after all those years. 

I'll get my chance again. Very soon.

________________________________