Chapter 5

Justin you don't know what you're doing!

I was awoken by the gentle sunshine beaming in through my curtains. I had fallen asleep in my bed next to Justin, and sure enough, he was still there. He looked so peaceful and angelic in his sleep, so I decided not to wake him. Instead, I went into the bathroom and washed up.

All I could think about was the night I called the police.

"Hello, 911, please state your emergency."

"Um, hi. Um, m-my friend is being abused." My throat felt like it was completely shut.

"I'm sorry miss, but it's not our problem until he admits he is being abused."

"W-what? H-he's in the hospital! That's none of your business? His father beats him constantly and you're not gonna do anthing about it?"

I couldn't believe this. How could they be so stupid? Justin was constantly getting beatings from a man almost twice his size and they weren't going to do a single thing?

"I'm sorry but until he calls us it isn't our business. Try calling child services." And with that, the line went dead.

I was in complete and utter shock! How could they not even care? Is it not their job to protect their citizens?

What the actual fuck?

I couldn't believe they actually wouldn't do anything unless Justin himself called them. Which I knew was highly unlikely. There was no way in hell he was gonna call in.

How could they not do anything?

I frowned at the thought and got out of the shower. I dried off, got dressed, did my hair and makeup, and brushed my teeth. When I walked out Justin was already struggling to get out of bed.

"Justin, no no." I quickly walked over and helped him. He grunted in response and grabbed onto me. "Th-thanks." he said with a weak smile.

"You're leaving?" I gave him a frown. I really didn't want him to leave. I wanted to be with him and take care of him. But most of all I didn't want him to go back to his house where his father was.

"My dads gonna kill me if I'm not back," he fixed his shirt and looked in the mirror, touching under his bruised eye. "He's probably already mad that I never came home. I'm so dead." He began to hobble to my door.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was actually going to go back?

"You're kidding, right?" I stood there watching him in complete shock. He turned around and looked at me. "What?"

"You're actually gonna go back into that house? To your dad? After what he did to you? He put you in the hospital, Jay."

He looked down for a few seconds and then looked at me again. "I know."

"Then why are you going back! Stay here, I'll take care of you."

He scoffed as if I were crazy, then shook his head. "If I don't go back my dad's gonna kill me you know."

"Your dad's gonna kill you if you DO go back! Justin, only a complete madman would walk back into that house! Your dad isn't safe to be around, why can't you understand that?"

My eyes started to feel with tears. I wasn't able to comprehend the fact as to why Justin would go back. Why would he set himself up for this much pain? Why would someone do that?

Justin stared at me in shock but I kept going.

"I hate seeing you like this! Everyone does! Why can't you see that I'm trying to help you? Don't you wanna be safe? And happy? Your dad BEATS you Justin! He put you in the hospital! Why on earth would you go back!? Why!?"