35

" Yoongi hyung !" 

Yoongi smiles to himself on hearing the faint footsteps, his smile widens when the door opens and a 10 year old Jimin tackles him down in a hug.

" Hyungie, I missed you."

Jimin only tightened his grip around Yoongi with every word, not wanting to separate himself from his favorite hyung.

" Jiminie, you were only gone for like a week." Jimin frowned at that, even if it was just a week, he missed Yoongi like crazy.

" I missed you too." 

Yoongi finally whispers, happy to be reunited with his best friend again.

They finally part away from the hug falling back on Yoongi's soft bed, they stare at each other for quite some time, giggling with happiness.

" So tell me did you have fun ?" 

Jimin's bright eyes are enough to answer Yoongi's question. Yoongi smiles at how predictable Jimin can be.

" Hyung, I want to ask you something." 

They just came back to Yoongi's room after having some snacks in the kitchen.

" What is it ?" 

Yoongi is busy finding the new game that he got as a gift this Christmas, he had saved it so he could play it together with Jimin.

" Do you like me ?" 

Yoongi chokes on his own saliva, his chubby cheeks are flushed with heat and eyes trying to focus on anything else that is not Jimin.

" What do you mean, Jimin ah ?" 

" My friends say that I like hyung, does hyung like me back ?" 

Jimin asks innocently, not even knowing what the words really mean. 

Yoongi on the other hand had a vague idea about it.

" Hyung, tell me, do you like me ?" 

He continues to look at Yoongi with his intense gaze, one that he can't avoid.

" I do." 

He blurts under pressure. Jimin takes his time grasping the sudden words.

" Hyung..

He runs up to Yoongi, making him stumble back until his back is resting along the wall, caging the older boy in his arms. 

" Let's get married." 

He uttered suddenly.

Remembering that sudden confession Yoongi can't help but smile. Little Jimin was anything but predictable. 

-

" Hyung you don't have to do this." 

Jimin hides his face in his hands, his shoulders hanging low showing how embarrassed he was.

" Shh, let me drop you off at your class." 

He scouts Jimin closer to himself, attracting all the eyes towards them but he could care less about everyone.

Jimin has told Yoongi to not do this but the older still treats him like a little baby. Deep inside he knows that Jimin likes being pampered like this.

" Okay, we're here you can go now." 

Jimin takes his bag back from Yoongi, pushing him away once he reaches his classroom.

" Eager to get away from me." 

He steps closer to Jimin playing with his dark brown locks. 

Many students pass by them at that second. The scene has become such a common thing that no one would be surprised even if they kissed right now, not even the teachers themselves. But knowing the scaredy cats they both are, that's never going to happen.

Jimin uses his bag to hit Yoongi, a sly smile creeping on his face when he hears the older whine.

" Now go. I'll see you at lunch." 

He's about to go to his seat when Yoongi pulls him back, he drapes the omega in his arms. Covering him from head to toe in his oceanic scent.

" If anyone tries to flirt with you then tell them-"

" That I'm yours."

There's a proud smile on Yoongi's face when Jimin completes his sentence. Jimin can't help but roll his eyes at the latter, he could be really protective at times.

" You're gonna make me die single at this rate." Jimin scoffs at Yoongi's face.

" Don't worry if you don't find anyone you'll still have me." 

Yoongi points at himself with a genuine smile.

" We'll see that later." 

He removes himself from the older's arms. Before Yoongi can hold him again he disappears off to his seat, leaving him standing on his own.

" Your boyfriend is pouting so hard." 

Taehyung remarks once Jimin sits next to him. 

" Tae, he's not my boyfriend." 

He gestures to Yoongi to go away, who continues to look at him with a sulking face.

" Yeah. You're just best friends who like to joke around with each other." 

Jimin nods, that's what they are. He doesn't know why Taehyung is complicating their relationship.

" Well, a day might come when you'll be having a child together and you'll still say that you're 'just friends'." 

He speaks the highlighted part in Jimin's voice. Maybe he had a vision of the future or they were just way too obvious.

" You know that's never going to happen." 

He shuts Taehyung before he could complain again. 

" Now show me yesterday's notes. I need to copy them." 

Taehyung rolls his eyes at his best friend but hands him over the notes none the less.

Their school life was full of happy moments. Everyone said that they would make a good couple but they both would just shrug it off every time with the same mundane excuse 'We're just friends'. Would their lives have changed if Yoongi had enough courage to tell the younger about his feelings ?

He thinks about it to himself while staring at the new picture Jimin's mom sent to him.

The two boys are staring at each other in the picture, their cool boys phase is expressed way too well from their appearance. The camouflage print, the bold t-shirts, basic socks, shades way too big for their face and the snapback worn backwards.

" Damn you look ugly." 

Jimin teases Yoongi, his heart fluttering at seeing their old pics.

" Yah ! I look better than you." 

He shuts the phone down, glaring at Jimin with a fake annoyed look.

" Whatever makes you sleep at night." 

He speaks in such a low pitched tone that made him and Yoongi both crack up.

In between their laughs Yoongi stops to stare at him. Jimin throws his body all over Yoongi as he continues to laugh, his body shaking up from too much laughing.

Would their lives have changed if he had enough courage to tell the younger about his feelings ? The question replays itself in Yoongi's mind.