3. Windex and Toys

My ex-colleague, Anastasia Lagih, was used to lighting up rooms with her jovial charm. 

She was a beautiful, and a grandmother, who stayed active and current in trending topics.

At trial, seeing her on the stand was the worst for me. I once thought of her as my local mom. 

The tape and audio recording showed her at an auto tint shop being anything, but motherly. 

"Do you hear me?" She joked with the clerk at the tint shop.

"In this new car, you can get any man." The clerk joked.

"From your mouth to God's ears." She said, picking up her purse.

"And make sure for no, no, no, no, no, no reason you have the windows rolled dow for the next 72 hours."

"I will not."

"That's good."

"When can I go to the car wash? In 72 hours? I just want my car to never miss a beat so it can sparkle."

"The car wash? Same 72 hours, but I would recommend that you have – a product we sell here – Extergine Wash Delicate Care. It's basically for your windows but without ammonia or other harmful chemicals."

"Oooh, how much is it honey?"

"Um I'd have to check."

"Don't tell me another $100, like you did for the percentage charges earlier."

"No, ma'am." He laughed. "That wasn't intentional. The system—"

"I know, I know, I'm just being difficult," she chuckled. 

Looking it up in the computer, the clerk stated, "49.99,"

The video showed Anastasia dropped her keys on the floor and on the way down, an open bottle of soda fell out of her bag and spilled on the floor. 

"Oh, no." she exclaimed. 

"We have other cleaners" 

"Something you can sell me for right now? Like what?"

"Not for right now. Don't worry about that."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, but do you need other cleaners?" he insisted. 

"Well, go on and tell me what you have," she said. 

The tape clearly has him saying, "I mean, how much do you really mind chemicals?"

and her reply?

 "Are they cheaper?"

"You know chemicals do the job for sure."

"But some of the stuff is just – that's the silent killer."

"What is?" she asked. 

"Ammonia."

"It is? I mean I know it smells bad, but—"

"The concentrated stuff?" she asked. 

"The industrial stuff?" she asked next. 

"No. Amonia is not what's the silent killer, this stuff is" 

He hold up a white jug of a product unable to be identified, but he describes it in the video.

"Oooh honey. What is it? Something I'd never want to smell?" Anastasia asks. 

"Let's just say if you had a murder intent, this would be in your drawer."

"Oooh no!"

"Yes" they laugh. 

"Do not sell me that," Anastasia jokes. "I'll spill it all over myself."

"It's just a scent."

"The scent itself is what kills you because it has no scent"

"Like you just have a heart attack?"

"You'll suffocate."

"Ooh child. Well, I'll be sure to be careful, but how much is that one?" Anastasia clearly asks. 

"47.99?" he replies. 

"For the industrial?"

"It's basically industrial. It's like any of the regular stuff, grime, dirt, will be destroyed by this one."

"without a smell?" she asks.  

"without a smell." He replies. 

"I'll take two." she grabs her phone as he rings her up and texts.