New Year's special

"Miyuki Kazuya! Happy New Year!" Sawamura exclaimed, the two decided to stay in their shared apartment for new years, the balcony view is pretty good so they could view the fireworks plus they have some sparklers.

"That's my name, don't wear it out" Miyuki groaned "and it's still 6pm idiot"

"Still! The year just flew by so fast!"

That's true

"Cap! Can you help me? I want to try out some different grips!" Sawamura busts through the door with a giant smile on his face, his glove in hand as he looked at miyuki with eyes rivaling that of a puppy

"You do realize we have a game tomorrow right? " He groaned

"Exactly! Now let me pitch to you!"

Miyuki found this idiot to be both annoying but rather amusing, even if he drags him all over the place and makes him catch a thousand pitches that doesn't even come in useful, catching for this idiot is a rather enjoyable thing.

"Ten pitches then we are done"

"Eh??"

The pair started making their way to the indoor training ground, surprisingly nobody was there.

"Hahaha! Are you ready cap??"

"Shut up and start warming up your shoulder"

For some reason sawamura's pitches felt oddly forced, it felt different than it usually does.

Probably just him.

For about roughly 10 minutes of pitching they took a break, miyuki mentally slapped himself that he let sawamura pitch more than he said he would.

Though it was still odd, the southpaw has been acting strangely since he got back from the all stars camp.

"Was it beautiful?"

It snapped miyuki out of his thoughts, the hell is this idiot talking about?

"What are you blabbing about now?"

Sawamura just smiled

"The art"

At this point miyuki was at a loss, he really doesn't understand what sawamura is talking about and he's beginning to wonder if he needs a mental hospital.

"The what now?"

"You told me yourself didn't you? The best pitches is an art created by the pitcher and the catcher, did you and narumiya-san create some beautiful art?"

Ah so that's what it is, he swears this idiot will be the death of him.

"You could say that"

Miyuki found it amusing when sawamura miserably failed to hide his pouting face, I don't think sawamura realizes how obvious his emotions were.

"I bet his art was so precise and amazing compared to my complete mess" Sawamura said

"I'm seriously convinced you don't even get the meaning of what it is"

"Hah?? I do! It's like his art is the Mona Lisa and I'm just splattered paint!"

"What's that supposed to mean? And stop yelling"

Seriously why is he in love with this idiot again? And wow he actually knows rennaisance art

"But you know even splattered paint has it's own charms, it just goes to show that you don't need superior skills to create art" Miyuki said, he didn't want to make sawamura more upset that he already is, for his own reasons and for the sake of the team.

The southpaw stayed silent, did he say something wrong?

"Alright! Break time is over catch my pitches again!"

"How much more are you gonna throw??"

"Until I feel like stopping!"

"And when is that??"

Miyuki has to admit, he never imagined it would be like this.

Spending time with sawamura, getting to catch his pitches again, seeing his bright smile everyday, not to mention his shouting.

He watched as the pitcher waved around the sparklers at the balcony, of course avoiding to damage anything.

"Quick! Miyuki get over here! The countdown is starting! Let's watch the fireworks!" Sawamura flashed him a bright smile

"Alright I'm coming, put the bucket aside" Miyuki replied standing beside sawamura as the tv started the countdown, though all he could focus on is the bright smile sawamura wore on his face.

"THREE!"

"TWO!"

"ONE!"

And just like that another chapter of their lives was opened, miyuki was overjoyed when that new chapter started with sawanura's smile

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Sawamura yelled

"Happy new year" Miyuki said with a smile

"Try to be more optimistic! Grumpy four eyes" Sawamura said

"Oi! That's what you say to me at the start of the year?"

Before their arguments could get any farther, explosions were heard from the distance.

The dark sky was now filled with beautiful fireworks, all in different colors, different sizes.

It was beautiful, the two stared at the fireworks admiring the sight, blocking off all the loud sounds.

That reminds him, fireworks are messy, loud and even dangerous.

But that's what makes them beautiful, the feeling of lighting one and watching it as it flies up in the sky only to explode in random colors and shapes.

As long as someone will be there to light it, the is no doubt it will be a beautiful sight.

Miyuki turned his gaze go the person beside him, he smiled at the sight of sawamura's shining eyes and wide smile as different colors reflected on his face.

But of course the most beautiful art of all is the one right here beside him.

"Aw it's over already!" Sawamura pouted

"That's the cue for us to eat, come on the food will get cold" Miyuki said

Yes, as long as this idiot is with him they will surely create more and more art.

Author's note:

New year's is just a few hours away! I wanted to publish the chapter by then but chances are that I would completely forget! Anyways, Advanced happy new year's everyone! God bless you all! I look forward to write more fanfics for everyone in the years to come! Let's hope 2021 won't be as bad as 2020!

nd can I just say how much I really want to see this in the anime? It would be chaotic and hilarious.