Chapter 2

Flashback to a few years ago

The team finally managed to achieve the National crown, the news about Miyuki and Sawamura's battery spread throughout Japan.

That day was the happiest everyone has been, all their hard work and tears shed were all worth it for this moment.

"Sawamura eijun correct?" A man asked, the two talked alone from a distance.

"Yes sir" Eijun replied

"Are you interested in going to America? We offer individual training to players, most of the pro players train at our place and the coaches and trainers are the best of the best and will make sure that players produce the best results, I want to ask you if you are willing to make baseball history by being the best pitcher in Japan through this training"

"Are there contracts? "

"The only thing we ask of you is by promoting our training centre in the future, keep the information about the training to yourself and you will be free to leave whenever you wish"

"I'll think about it"

"Miyuki senpai, are you going pro?"

"Well yea, what about you sawamura?"

"I don't know"

"Of course you are, what else are you even good for"

"Wha-YOU TAKE THAT BACK MIYUKI KAZUYA! "

"Nah"

"Senpai... Wait for me okay?"

Flashback end

"That pretty much summarizes it" Eijun said laughing nervously at the aura and grins the kominato brothers are emmiting.

"Well you could've at least told us how you were doing" Kuramochi grunted

"Ehehe, sorry sorry" Eijun snickered

"Anyways, I think it's time for the second half of our beloved Coach's surprise" Ryousuke smiled looking at the Coach

The team was warming up on the field and they shuddered when looking at the intensity of the alumni walking on the field with their pro uniforms.

And the fact that almost all of them are on professional teams are just plain terrifying, they were seriously planning to crush them.

"Is sawamura playing?" Kuramochi asked

"He said he will be" Miyuki answered

The two Giant's players flinched when they felt a familiar aura exploding from furuya, they couldn't blame him his team lost to their's the last time they played.

All eyes were immediately on sawamura when he entered the field, he was wearing an american uniform

"Dude what are you wearing??" Jun exclaimed

"Dont worry beard-senpai, it's just a training uniform they gave me while I was there" Eijun said

"Come to think of it, what are your plans now eijun?" Haruichi asked

"I had a team reach out to me so I'll be playing with them probably" Eijun replied.

"Which team?" Furuya asked

"That's something I know and something for you to find out" Eijun smirked before sitting on the bench and took his time to admire the familiar area.

That was short lived when he felt a chop on his head, " Sawamura~ did you forget you're starting? Everyone wants to see how much you improved" Ryousuke hummed

"Eh?" Eijun let out but after seeing everyone's gaze on him he knows they were serious, he grunted in irritation before starting his stretches.

"Eijun do you still remember the numbers?" Miyuki asked

"Just who do you think I am? Of course I do, I even have new ones I want to show ya" Eijun smirked

"The two of you warm up at the bullpen, we'll do the honors and score some runs" Kuramochi laughed as he grabbed his bat and approached the batter's box

"You heard the guy" Ryousuke grinned making the pair sweat a bit and hurry to the bullpen to start their warm up

"Been a while since I've been here" Eijun smiled looking all over the place

The two started their warm up of catch, the seido players in the bullpen only watched in amazement at how easily sawamura's shoulder loosened

"What's your highest speed record?" Miyuki asked as the two were walking back to the dugout

"Hm I think it was above 150 or something? " Sawamura answered

"Damn what the hell were
they teaching u??" Miyuki winced at the imagination of their training, he was confused to notice sawamura stop dead in his track though.

He turned around so that his body would face the shorter male, "it was a nightmare" Eijun splurted out, he is visibly shivering his fear of recalling his training and miyuki only laughed at his reaction.

"Stop laughing miyuki kazuya!" Eijun yelled, his cheeks slightly puffed up and now a shade of light pink.

"Oi stop flirting! It's our turn on defense!" Kuramochi yelled

The two only gave a smile as they walked on the mound, ignoring the aura furuya and okumura were emmiting from the dugout.

"Ah, can I ask for a favor?" Sawamura said

"What is it?" Miyuki asked

"Can I pitch for only 1 inning?" Sawamura said

"Oh? Why is that?" Ryousuke asked

Sawamura simply went silent, the atmosphere dropped and they knew that it was something serious.

"Duh I wanna give Tanba, Nori and Furuya a chance to pitch too" Eijun exclaimed with his signature smile

"You sure you just don't want your possible opponents to see your pitches?" Kuramoch said giving him a kick to the thighs "that hurts cheetah san!"

"Two innings" Tetsuya said before going to his usual position

Now that everything is finalized much to the dismay of sawamura, everyone is in position as they watched the Ace of the team once again stand on the mound playing alongside them.

The raised his leg, the familiar sight of his unique form brought relief and confidence to the team.

He wound up for his first pitch, his unique form brought shock to the lead off batter.

The ball flew straight like a laser directly at Miyuki's mitt with a loud 'baam'

"Damn that was fast" Kuramochi grinned

"Just how much has he grown?" Haruichi smiled while trying to calm down Furuya who was in the middle of consuming the entire dugout with his aura.

For the two innings that sawamura pitched only 1 hit was recorded, he iced down his left shoulder and watched as his old teammates took on the players.

They were even impressed that sawamura got so good in batting, he can finally do something other than bunting.

He truly felt bad for completely destroying the team but this is seido and they know how to turn everything into experience.

It got dark in no time and the group started to leave and once again go their seperate ways.

"Sawamura tell me honestly, which team are you joining?" Miyuki asked

"You'll find out soon enough" Eijun flashed a grin before getting on the train to Nagano and waving goodbye to miyuki

Oh how miyuki wished that he could spend more time with him, how he wished they could be a battery again.

He should realize that if you wish for something there is always a chance it could come true.