Chapter 4 Volunteering

I saw my Dad.

My dad was the one with that lady. I was used to him treating my mom like shit. But this was a was wrong on so many levels.

"What the fuck are you doing here?! With her?" I said pointing to the skank.

Before he could respond she interrupted and said

"BABE! ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME WITH THIS -THIS WHORE?!"

I was disgusted and for the billionth time today I almost threw up in my mouth.

"NO. NO. NO. that's not what's happening. I'm 16. But apparently age doesn't matter." I say angry.

"Valentine I'm sorry. How much did you see?" He said quietly

"Oh? How much did I see? Well , let's go down the list, shall we? Well I saw you with your tongue in her mouth. I saw you giggling and calling her 'babe'. I saw you sliding your fingers up her leg. I saw you pull out a lace Victoria secret outfit for her. I heard you remark something about seeing her tonight?"

He then leaned in close to my ear so only I could hear.

"Please don't tell your mother."

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT

THE

FUCK

DID HE REALLY JUST-

I punched him in nose. I felt the crack beneath my knuckles. My hand stung so I know his face must've felt like shit. He fell down in the middle of the row. His 'lady friend' looking furious. She pushed me, hard. I fell on my back, then got up and grabbed a fist full of her dirty blonde hair and uppercut her in the jaw. knocking her out.

I then bent down and whispered in his ear

"By the way, mom is pregnant."

I then grabbed Emily, stormed out of the theatre and went home.

//////

I got home and I saw my mom in the kitchen making dinner. She says hey and asks me how my day was.

"It was fine." I say plastering on a fake smile.

Should I tell her ? Could I tell her ? It
would ruin her life. But I have to. I can't let him get away with this. I know it would hurt her. But I want to hurt him.

"Hey, I have to go and get some homework done. See you later." I say then I run upstairs.

I call Emily

"Hey Em." I say sighing.

"Hey Val. You okay?" She says attempting to comfort me.

"No I'm not and-" I stopped talking because I heard my mother call for me.

"VALERY!!GET DOWNSTAIRS NOW!"
Yells my mother.

"Got to go" I say then hang up the phone.

"Yea?" I call from the top of the stairs.

"YEA?" I call from the bottom of the stairs

"YES?!" I call from the living room.

ugh. I hate when parents do this , they call you then you call them and they don't respond until you are in the same room as them.

"Do you need something?" I say but I am surprised when I see my mother nursing my father's broken nose with some ice.

She then let's him take over the ice pack and walks over to me and slaps me straight across my face. It stung a little but still , she hit me, why?