Chapter 8 Chery Chapstick & Tears

( Emily's POV hell yeah, I did it bitch. )

I run away from the hospital and get in a cab.

"Drive anywhere. Just away from here." I say to the cab driver through my tears.

I was hoping I didn't survive my cuts.

I would rather die than have to live with lying to Valentine, just so she can be with Chase.

God he's such a bitch.

The other night, Valentine passed out at her grandparents house. I was really worried and accidentally said out loud to her

"Babe. You need to wake up."

Chase saw this and threatened to kill her grandparents if I didn't stay away from Valentine.

I thought he was bluffing. Then he pulled out a bag of poisonous berries. He threatened to put them in their salad. Saying it would be rather easy because he prepares most of their meals.

I didn't want to go through with it.

So I tried to make up reasons why it wouldn't work.

"She would think about why I would just start to ignore her out of no where. We've been best friends for years." I said

"Then pretend you like me and your crazy jealous about me and her. She'll ignore you. " He said

" No way." I said. He was trying to flip around the situation.

He opened the bag of berries and started to drop them into Valentines grandparents salad. One by one.

"Okay!" I said grabbing the salad and dumping it in the trash.

After that I drove her to my house. The next day he tried to kiss her on the couch and I just lost it. I can't see her with him. He doesn't love her. Hell , he's only known her a week.

My phone rings.

It's an unknown number.

I answer.

"Hello?"

"Emily?! What happened? Why did you storm off? Is Chase manipulating-" before Valentine could continue, I hung up.

She can't know. It would only backfire onto her.

////////

( Valentine's POV )

I can't stop crying. Emily won't answer my calls and I think chase is behind all of it.

I don't go to her apartment. She wouldn't be there. She would be by the willow tree.

///////

When I arrive , I see Emily propped up against the trunk of the tree. She's sobbing. I calmly walk to her and lift her up.

She tries to pull away but I'm too strong, she can't resist.

I take her hand in mine and kiss her warm, soft lips.

They taste of cherry Chapstick and tears.

"I love you. Only you." I say, trying to comfort her.

She collapses onto me after those words.

The next thing I know we are sitting on the grass under the weepy willow tree while my shirt gets wetter and wetter with Emily's tear that will stain later, and the angry fire inside of me for chase keeps getting stronger.

-------------

GUYYYYYSSSS IM SORRY THIS WAS SO SHORT. BUT IM LIKE SERIOUSLY RUNNING OUT OF INSPIRATION FOR THIS STORY.

Go read 'Waking up alone.' In my opinion I like that story way better.

BYE HOODLUMS 💕