Chapter 10 Commitment

(Emily's POV)

I'm awaken by a small shake.

"Babe" whispers Valentine.

I love how she is whispering when we are the only ones home.

"Hmm?" I answer

"I'm hungry" I can hear the smile in her voice

"Go to the kitchen. There's leftover pizza in the fridge." I say

"I'm thirsty" she says

I grunt out of sleep deprivation and throw a water bottle in her direction.

There's a long pause.

I notice she's not drinking the water.

I get up.

"Oh no." I laugh

"You're so adorable when you try to avoid these things." She says then tackles me with kisses.

//////

(Valentine's POV)

"Good morning" I say through a smile

I feel around on the bed. She's not there.

I Immediately jump out of bed.

"Em?"

*ring ring*

I answer the phone

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Valentine?"

"Yes it is." I say

"Hi, something terrible has happened to .. Elise?"

"Emily." I say

"Right. Well she's in the emergency room. She wanted me to deliver a message. She said that she deleted the video from Kio's phone? Do you know what that means?" she says

Oh my god. She's in the hospital because of the video of me in the bathroom.

"Yes. I understand."

//////

You know how hospitals are usually buzzing with people? Well this one was almost vacant. So even though I was there for over 36 hours, no one ever stopped by to tell me anything.

I had plenty of time to think.

It was silent when I see out of the corner of my eye a girl coming towards me in a wheelchair.

I was sleep deprived, I was hungry.

So I didn't even think that it would be Emily. Not until I glanced over at her and saw it for myself.

I pulled the hood to my jacket over my head.

Don't cry. Stay strong. Don't cry. Stay strong. Just look at the floor. Focus on the tiles. Bite your inner cheek. Don't let her see you cry.

"Babe" I hear her say

Don't look in her direction.

"Babe!" She repeats

"Valentine!" I hear her yell.

She gets close to me and lays her hand on top of mines.

"Go away!" I say

"It's me. It's Emily" she whispers

"No. No it's not." I say emotionless

"My physical body has changed. But emotionally, I'm the same. I still love you Valentine."

I say nothing. I can't stand to see her like this. Sadness is an ocean and I've never been able to swim.

"Do you love me for who I am? Or just my physical appearance? Were you going to leave me once my hair turned grey and my body stopped working the way it used to? Are you that disgusted with me now that you can't even look in my general direction? Tell me, Valentine, because it seems to me that you pick your cereal based on color instead of taste."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask her

"It means did you love me because I was pretty?" She says. I can see the hurt in her eyes.

I storm out of the hospital and go to my parents house.

There are so many things we will never do again.

///////

"Nice to see you've dropped by." Says my mom.

"Is dad here?" I ask

If he's here. I don't want to be.

"No. Your sister is a month old." She says, placing a hand on her belly.

I completely forgot about her being pregnant.

"Oh my gosh. I have a sister." I say

"You do." She smiles. "Why did you stop by?"

"Mom. I'm dating Emily. She got in a car crash and she's in a wheelchair now. She's questioning whether or not I really love her because I wasn't talking to her at the hospital."

///////

~3 hours later~

"So I just think you need to apologize to that girl. Take it easy on her, you know?" Says my mom

"I know. Alright mom I'll see you soon." I say.

I hug her then walk to the door.

I need to make things right.

///////

(Emily's POV)

I'm packing my bag to leave I hear someone arrive.

"Babe?" I hear in Valentine's voice

She comes to the bedroom

She makes me face her and gets down on one knee.

"Emily, you've made me so happy. I'm sorry if I've ever made you feel less than that." She grabs my hand

"I want you to know that I want to grow old with you. I want to be on my death bed with you by my side. I want to be able to look back on the amazing life that we had together. Full of memories and adventure. Real beauty comes from within, and my God, you are beautiful. I love you and I'm ready for this commitment. You are my home. You're flawed, but you don't need to be perfect. For me, you are the moon. I don't care if it's full. I don't care if it's broken. That's how I found you, that's how I want you. You're enough for me. I hope I can be enough for you. Will you marry me?"

----------
HEY HOODLUMS

SO YEAH THIS IS THE END OF THIS BOOK. I WILL BE MAKING A SEQUEL CALLED "Disabled" SO HAVE FUN WITH THAT.

I WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING MY STORY. IVE TRIED TO WRITE IT IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE. BUT YEAH.

I FUGGIN LOVE YOU HOODLUMS

BYE