I t s a l w a y s b e e n y o u *

I felt my boyfriend grab my ass and pinch it lightly. I quickly removed his hand and playfully hit him.

  We were going to a dinner party at a fancy restaurant. I was going with my boyfriend Dillon along with my best friend Timothée. Timothée had brought his friend Armie so he wasn't third wheeling.

Dillon and Timothée never really liked each other, so I was surprised when Timothée agreed to come.

  We walked inside, and all of us were shocked. I felt totally out of place and I knew Timothée did too.

  "Table for four please." Dillon said to the waiter. He gave the waiter a wink, and the waiter just nodded his head.

  The three of us followed Dillon and the waiter outside to a table that overlooked a beautiful ocean.

   We all sat down together, Dillon sat next to me and Timothée sat across from me. Even though I should have been appreciative of everything Dillon had done for me tonight, something else was bugging me.

  It was Timothée. I couldn't stop staring at him. He was just so perfect with his big green eyes, curly brown hair, charming smile. Everything he did was amazing. And I was so in love with him. I just didn't know how to tell him.

  The rest of the night, Dillon was being really annoying. I wanted to get spaghetti and meatballs, but when our waitress came over, he put a hand up to my face and told me to be quiet. I looked over at Timothée who was giving Dillon a death stare.

  "She'll have a plain salad."

A plain salad!?

  After the waitress left, he looked back over at me.
"Sorry darling, spaghetti and meatballs is just to messy. And plus you want to stay trim don't you?"

  Timothée looked at him in disgust. I just rolled my eyes and tried to hide tears that were about to fall. I knew Timmy saw that I was upset. He reached his hand over the table and rested it on mine, lightly caressing it. I looked up, my eyes glossed over, and he gave me a warm, reassuring smile in which I returned.

  After dinner, Dillon was looking at the check. He then looked over at me and then down at my plate.

  "Well, even though you ordered the cheapest dinner, you did want to order the most expensive, so..." he handed me the check and I looked at him with my eyes wide.

  First of all, he ordered the salad not me.

  I looked over at Timothée who looked really shocked. He grabbed the check from me.

  "It's okay, y/n. I'll take care of it." Timothée payed for our dinner, and I felt so bad because this wasn't even his idea in the first place. It was Dillons.

  I started to get up, but Dillon pushed me back in my seat.
  "Y/f/n Y/l/n, i have loved you for so long. You are the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with."

  He got down on one knee and pulled out a little box. Everyone had their eyes on us. I looked out the corner of my eye, and I saw Timothée. He looked really, really upset. I couldn't bare to see him like this.

  "Marry me." My eyes teared up, my body was shaking, the music got louder, everyone was staring. It was a sweet gesture, but he wasn't the one. Not even close.
  I shook my head a few times before answering.
"I-I'm sorry, I can't." And with that, I ran off into the bathroom and locked the door. I fell onto the floor, a crying mess.

  A few minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. "Someone's in here." I managed to get out.
  "Y/n? It's Timmy. can I come in?" The sound of his voice was all I needed to hear. I quickly wiped away my tears, and unlocked the door.

  Timothée slid down on the floor next to me, giving me a sad look. All I needed to see was his face, and the second I did, I started crying again. He leaned over and held me tightly in his arms.

  After a few minutes I sat up, looking Timmy straight in the eyes. "I couldn't do it Timmy."

  "Y/n, it's okay. He wasn't good enough for you anyways. I just want you to know that I love you, and I've always loved you. And I don't mean just as a friend. Y/n, i really do love you. But I know that I'd never be good enough for you." I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. Our lips moved in perfect synchronization with each other, and I could feel the sparks flying. A feeling that I've never ever felt before.

  We both pulled away and rested our foreheads together, still holding onto each other.

  "It's always been you, Timmy. It's always been you."