d o c t o r c h a l a m e t *

I fiddled with my hands as we drove to the doctors. I always hated physicals, not because they were scary, but because they're just so awkward.

  When me and my mom got there, we were seated in the waiting room. After about 10 minutes, I heard a woman call my name.

  "Y/f/n Y/L/n?" I stood up and smiled at her as I walked kind of awkwardly to where she stood by a large door. I looked back at my mom one last time, and saw her giving me the thumbs up. I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

  The nurse led me into this small, I mean really small, white room and directed me to sit up on the table.

  "The doctor should be here in just a minute." She smiled at me as she closed the door. My heart was beating out of my chest. This is so embarrassing.

  After a few minutes, I heard a knock at the door. I took a deep breath in. I knew that I was going to have a woman doing my physical, so It wouldn't be too bad. I always schedule appointments with my favorite doctor Meredith. But when the door opened, standing in front of me was the most beautiful human being I had ever seen.

  His face looked so defined, like an old renaissance statue. His brown curls fell perfectly over his face. I instantly felt nauseous and almost ran out of the room, but I held myself back.

  "Hello, are you Y/n?" When he looked up from his laptop, my heart dropped. His eyes were so big and green. His beauty was too much to handle. I couldn't even talk. What startled me was the way he looked at me. I felt even more nauseous than before. He looked at me with such shock and adoration. I instantly felt my cheeks heat up, and I looked at my feet.

  "Yup. That's me. Ah...actually if you don't mind me asking, where's Meredith? I scheduled an appointment with her." I immediately regretted my words. I said it kind of rude, and I really didn't want to disrespect this godsend of a man.

  "Oh- aha yeah she had to call in sick today, so I'm taking her place, if that's okay with you?" His voice went a little softer as he stepped closer to me, our bodies now inches apart.

  "I'm totally okay with it." I said with an awkward smile. He smiled back and proceeded to sit down at the little desk with his laptop and ask me some questions.

  They were pretty normal questions, the same ones that I get asked at every yearly physical, but i felt so flustered looking at him. I kept hesitating to answer his questions and it was really embarrassing.

  "Okay y/n, now I'm going to check your height." He led me over to a giant measurement thing that was attached to the wall.
  "Okay, so just put your heels and as close to the wall as possible and stand up as straight as you can." His voice was really raspy.

  He walked over to me, and looked deeply into my eyes while smiling. I smiled back awkwardly, feeling so small compared to him. He moved even closer to my body, and reached up above me to grab the little nob. I stared at his perfect face the whole time.

  "Okay, you are (your height). Now I'm going to do your vitals."

  My knees immediately felt weak as I sat back up on the table. He came over to me with a thermometer and stuck it in my mouth.
  "Under the tongue." He said. "Good. No fever."
Are you sure? I feel like I'm burning up.
  "That's a relief." I said, fixing my hair. I watched as he picked up a blood pressure machine and came back over to me.
  "Can you lift up your sleeve for me?" He asked. I did as I was told. After placing the blood pressure machine on my arm, he told me to hold out my finger. He then placed an oximeter on my index. I tried to relax but he was so close to me. My heart was racing.