Part 25

He left the lobby and all of the pagers were going off with a code. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a blood trail and knew that someone needed help. I started to get up but Lexie grabbed my hand. I pointed to the red trail and she nodded her head and got up with me but Mark grabbed her so we both pointed to the trail and his eyes got big. We all got up and it led to the elevator. When it opened I saw Alex on the ground bleeding out from his chest. I got a page from my dad so I looked at Mark who signaled me to go. I ran as fast as I could up the stairs and to the Chiefs office. "We are in a lockdown. I need you to go tell all the OR's that they can't leave after surgery." My dad said pacing back and forth. "Then do NOT move. This is not a drill!" My dad said.

------------------------------------------------------

After I told the OR's I went to go find Mark but Gary Clark was walking onto that floor so I ran into the janitor's closet to find my mom and Cristina. "Don't move!" I said covering my mouth. He walked by the janitor's closet and we all let out a breath. "Cristina! Let me go! Derek is still out there!" My mom said as she was puking. "Mer you need to calm down. It's not good for the baby." Cristina said. "Congrats!" I said. "Move." My mom said throwing me and Cristina out of the way. We both ran out to get ahold of her. Cristina actually held her back from running to Derek. Gary was on the catwalk holding his gun out pointing it at my dad. "Chief Shepherd-" April said which caused my dad to turn to her. When he turned around Gary pulled the trigger causing my mom to scream and thrash around in Cristina's arms. My dad fell to the ground and was losing conciousness and Gary turned around and walked away. My mom and I ran over to him as fast as we could.

---------------------------------------------------------

I had my hands in my dad's chest. Performing surgery on my dad. I couldn't get the image out of my head. My mom and April were sitting in the scrub room on the floor. Owen came into the scrub room and talked to my mom. I had some hours in cardio and I was pretty good at it. Cristina was across from me making sure I didn't mess anything up. Owen came in. "Stop operating!" Gary said holding the gun to my head. "He killed my wife I want to watch him die too!" Gary kept saying. "I can't!" I said continuing. Then my mom walked into the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Lexie Grey is the one who pulled the plug on your wife. She's my sister. Dr. Webber ... He was your wife's doctor. I'm the closest thing he has to a daughter. And the man on the table ... I'm his wife. If you want to hurt them the way that you hurt, Shoot me. I'm your eye for an eye." My mom said. He turned his gun towards my mom. "Wait! She's pregnant you wouldn't shoot a pregnant woman!" I said. Owen tried to jump on Gary but Gary shot him. "Y/N put your hands up." Cristina said trying not to freak out. "But he'll die!" I said. "Trust me." Cristina said. We both put our hands up. My mom started screaming at us. "In a few seconds his heart is going to pump all of the blood into his chest and stop beating. Watch the monitor." Cristina said. "Cristina!" My mom said yelling. Then on the monitor he flat lined. Gary then walked out of the room and my mom kept screaming for my dad.