twenty :: trouble in paradise

cyber's pov

i pulled away from the very very intense kiss just to see everyone is staring at us, i looked back at nate who hasnt stop staring at me.

"i love you too." i breathed.

"yes!!!!" gilinsky screamed and everyone followed his cue and came cheering for us.

sammy put his hands on nate's shoulders, rubbing them. "about fucking time."

nate pulled me close into his chest, smiling holding his fist in the air like he just won the football game.

i'm trying to figure out what has gotten everyone so hyped. then it dawned on me, we never came out to the group telling them we were kinda together. so nate kissing me like that was definitely a shock to everyone.

"i dont know why we are celebrating," i screamed over them and they all stop dead in their tracks. "mr.maloley never even ask me to be his girlfriend."

sammy took his one of his hands off nate's shoulders using it to slap him on the back of his head, "idiot." he walking away from us.

nate looked at me, clearly annoyed. i shrugged in response. "its true so i don't know why you're looking at me like that." i crossed my arms over my chest.

"oh shit." boa scratched her head, quickly walking away. "good luck lover boy."

"we've been hanging out, sleeping over each others place, i just thought we were," he couldn't find the right word, "well you know."

i rolled my eyes, "yall clearly need to talk some sense into your boy." i throw my hands up in defeat before sulking off to the kitchen. "does anyone want tequila?"

i grab a bottle of patron and then some limes from the fruit basket, chopping them up.

"hey love, you good?" ariana came in. following boa and mahogany.

i could feel like the tears swelling up, i bit down on my lip, slamming the knife down. "no." i looked up, "i dont want to get hurt."

boa flew around the island embracing me in a hug, a few tears fell but i'm not gonna ruin everyone's night with my insecurities. we were just having fun.

"forget it, seriously." i smiled wiping the tears with my fingers, laughing a bit. "can you guy help me with this please."

it wasn't long until we were bringing out shots for everyone. i caught a quick glimpse at nate, his eyes were already boring into me.

i pulled out my phone connecting to the speakers, "alright everyone come grab a shot," once everyone had them, i held mine in the air. "to our wild life."

everyone clinking their glasses before downing the tequila, i clicked a very song that will surely uplift everyone's mood.

a lion roar threw the speakers and gilinsky looked at me, already laughing. "nice one."

its one of the jacks' first songs, wild life. we were all in the video, it was tons of fun.

"...i'm not done yet, pass me the bottle." gilinsky wrapped his arm around my shoulder while we sang together, "its two am, lets hit the throttle."

i smiled, taking in the moment. i love my life, my friends. they really make it all worth it. especially gilinsky, he has been my rock but don't tell boa or nate.

i felt someone taking my hand but i don't have to look at him to know who it was. i know his touch.

the boy who stole my heart and i didn't even know it. i really hope we work out for the better because i don't know if i can handle another heartbreak.

"i think we should talk." he looks directly in my eyes. i bit in the inside of my cheek, nodding.

he leads me out of the back door onto the back patio away from the noise, letting go of my hand.

"nate, i'm sorry." i looked at him, "like i dont even-"

nate grabbed my face and immediately crashing his lips onto mine.

"no cyber, i should be the one apologizing." he was still holding my face, "you're aren't like them, you mean more to me then that, i need to really step up and treat you like how you deserve."

i was taken back, i've never seen this side of nate before. it was refreshing. the look in his eyes tells me he means every word that came out of his mouth and i believe him.

"just please don't hurt me." i whispered.

"never."