ten :: scaredy cat

i woke up in a surprisingly in a good mood. it was most likely because of trent. he is such a good guy but too good to be true. i'm probably overthinking this as usual.

instead of staying inside of this boring apartment on this beautiful saturday, i might as well do something adventurous. maybe go hiking? yeah, that sounds good.

i quickly got dressed in black nike leggings with my white nike roshes, and nike white windbreaker. my hair didn't have to look too neat since it was just going to get fucked up so i just put it in a messy bun (picture). i grabbed my phone and just as I opened my door, there was nate.

he had his hand up like he was about to knock but I beat him to it.

"hey." he breathed.

i gave him a weird look, "what's up nate?" i closed my door and locking it.

"uh i was wondering if you would like to grab breakfast but i can see that you're busy." nate shrugged.

"all i doing is going for a hike," i said. "you can join me if you want and we would get lunch afterwards."

"really? you wouldn't mind?" he perked up.

i smiled, "nah go get changed, i'll wait on the stairs."

he smiled back before running back into his room

in about five minutes, maybe even less, he waltzed back out into the hallway. i stood up from sitting on the staircase to let him know i didn't leave.

he was dressed in all black. he had a black nike sweatpants with the matching hoodie and black nike roshe.

"let's do this!" he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me down to the lobby.

nate insisted of taking his car up to the mountains and i did not protest. i'll let him use his gas.

we had reached the mountains, i literally jumped out of the car, taking in the scent of nature. ugh i love it so much.

"alvarez," nate said, "aren't you gonna grab your phone?"

i looked at him and shook my head, "no, there is no point of it plus there is no signal up here."

"well what if we get lost?"

"that's what the bloody trail is for."

"well what if-"

"you're making me regret inviting you."

i looked back at him. i couldn't tell if he was really scared or if he's just fucking with me.

"look if you're scared," i unclipped my pocket knife from my hip and tossed it towards him.

he caught it and then sent me a weird look.

"you carry around a pocket knife?" he whispered shouted.

"uh yeah, the people of LA aren't all nice." i said in a duh tone, "now if you done being a baby, are you ready?"