Chapter 6 - The Battle is On

A/N: Update spree for all my books! Keep on reading, commenting and voting on my stories! This is the first chapter of my update spree.

Chloe's POV

Today was competition day!

I woke up at 6:00 because we couldn't be late. It was the first competition with the dance school, Stars Dance. (btw, all studios are completely made up)

----

"I'm going to do your hair in a bun with one little part braided, okay?" My hair stylist asked.

I nodded. All of the dance school's dancers had hair stylists. We are in New York, aren't we?

I looked over at Maddie, who had a side braid with a silver clip. It was stunning on her.

Autumn had her hair in a bun, like mine.

Although, some of the group costumes were different, they were all similar. They were all a sparkly golden/tan color.

"The group is first." The dance school instructor, Allie, told us.

We all gathered together and said good luck and then, it was time for us to dance.

"Act number 132, Stars Dance performing "Victorious."

We danced wonderfully together. The timing was amazing and we hit all the moves.

.Abby's POV

It was the first competition for the girls with Stars Dance. They were fabulous in the group, so I hope they can pull off their solos and duets.

Autumn's POV

My dance was right before Chloe's. I had to be better than her. I knew dropping her was good because I had so much time to work on it without Chloe working too. I knew not dancing for those weeks had made Chloe worse.

Oh, Chloe, the battle's on. I'm going to win.

Chlo, I'm replacing you.

----

Chloe's POV

I was dressed in my solo costume. It was a black dress with a leotard under. It was sparkly and really pretty.

"Act number 135, Autumn with Burning Up." The announcer said into the microphone.

The music started and Autumn began the dance. She hit all the turns. She had straight legs and pointed toes. Her legs were high up into the air when she did her kicks and tilts. It was perfect.

I had to beat her though.

The battle is on, Autumn.

Oh the battle's on.

"Act number 136, Chloe with Uphill Battle."

I thought I had really good character because I connected with the dance so well.

I had my own battle.

With Autumn.

When I came back to the green room, I was prepared for criticizism, but I got none. I was used to the criticizism that Abby always gave me when I came back. Surprisingly, the Stars Dance instructors praised us and said, "Good job!"

----

Awards

"3rd overall, Act 136, Uphill Battle." I hadn't won, but maybe I had beaten Autumn.

"2nd overall, Act 58, Secrets."

"And overall high score, Act 135, Burning Up." Everyone clapped and I did too, even though I didn't particularly like her.

I was determined to beat her next time though.

If there was one.