Chapter 1 - The New Girl

Narrators POV

One cold January day, snow covered the parking lot. The usual 5 cars drove into the parking lot, plus another car that arrived 5 minutes later. Who was it? A blond girl, that looked to be 12 or 13 years got out from the back seat with another blond female adult, most likely the girl's mother came out from the driver's seat. They walked to the entrance of the Abby Lee Dance Company together.

Abby greeted the two as they walked in, "Go put your stuff down in the den with the other girls." Abby said happily to the girl, pointing towards the dancer's den. "I'm so happy that you are now part of the team. But, will she be able to keep up?" Abby said to the girl's mom. "Yes, Autumn has trained for years in many studios and she picks up very quickly." Autumn's mom, Krista responded. "Good."

At the same time, Autumn had entered the den. The 5 moms and 7 girls looked strangely at the newcomer. They didn't know that Abby had chosen someone new to join them.

"Girls, get in!" Abby shouted and all 8 girls and the 6 moms came walking in. "So, we have a new team member, Autumn Miller with her mom, Krista." Abby introduced the two newcomers.

Autumn was dressed in a gray crop top with purple shorts and a plain purple tee to go with it. The dancewear was all from Ktrna. She had all her dance essentials with her including an extra 2 leotards and many pairs of tights; pink, tan, and black. She didn't know what to expect, so she brought everything that she thought she needed.

"On the bottom of the pyramid, Mackenzie. You need to work on your technique, ballet, and your turns. I gave you a lyrical solo and you placed 9th. You need to work on other styles. Next, Brooke. you could be higher if it wasn't for your mother almost pulling your solo. Paige, same with you. And next, Nia, you need to work on your turns. In the middle, Kendall, you placed 2nd. Then, Chloe, you were not picking fast enough during rehearsal. Next, Autumn -." "How is Autumn higher than Chloe?" Christi asked. "Chloe didn't pick up fast enough! She didn't even win! Autumn was amazing when I auditioned her!" Abby answered. "Autumn didn't even dance last week!" Christi shouted back. Autie and Chloe looked to each other's and to their moms. Krista had looked like she was going to interfere, but when Abby continued, she closed her mouth. "Autumn, you were fantastic, your ability to do hip hop, tap, lyrical, contemporary, and jazz amazes me." Abby praised and Autumn smiled. "And on top, Maddie!" Christi had an "of-course" look on her face as Abby ripped off the paper showing Maddie's headshot on the top. "Maddie you were wonderful in your duet, solo, and group dance and all your dances placed 1st." Maddie smiled and Kendall, Maddie's best friend, hugged her.

"This week, Autumn, Chloe, you both are going to compete against each other in the teen division. Maddie and Mackenzie, you with also have solos in the junior division. Maddie and Kendall, you will have a lyrical duet. Everyone is in the group dance, entitled Jar of Hearts.

"Autumn, Chloe, time for your solos. Autumn, Studio A and Chloe, Studio B." When, walked over to Studio B, she felt hurt. Why couldn't she practice in Studio A, the bigger studio? She didn't mind Abby being there in the studio with her, but she was here longer. Couldn't Autumn get Studio B instead? So, instead of going into Studio B, she did something that she would never have done.

A/N: I hope you like my first chapter of Replaced. Expect an update for this story and Living in the Shadow soon.