Chapter 3 - The Problems Start

Chloe's POV

It was the first dance day. We were in our rooms in the luxurious hotel meant just for us. It had grand staircases and golden rails, 5 dance studios, a den for the dancers, and a mini stage for practicing and preparing.

At around 8:00, all of us were getting ready for the rehearsals that started at 9:00. Abby was very strict and told us that we had to be in the main studio at 9:00AM sharp. I dressed in a grey crop top with white lace all over it and black shorts. I could see that Paige and Autumn were doing everything together.

When we got to the main studio, Abby told us the assignments for the week. Maddie had a solo named "Uphill Battle", Autumn had "Blow", and I got a solo called "Soaring". There was duet with Autumn and I too entitled "Secrets". The group was "Amazing Grace". The music was more graceful, so it was going to be ballet/pointe. When I went to the den to get my pointe shoes, I could feel something was wrong. Autie was already ready with her pointe shoes on. I looked inside my bag and felt that something was wrong with my pointe shoes. They looked on the verge to break. They were more worn out then the last time that I used them and I had a suspicion that Autumn was behind this.

I ignored the thought and used my extra pair instead.

-----

"I'm so sorry, Chloe." Autumn said acting all sad-like when she made me fall by dropping me during lift. Or "accidentally" in her words. But, it really did hurt. I didn't want her knowing that I was hurt, or else she would have won. Their was throbbing pain in my ankle and everytime we turned or leaped, it hurt even more. After our duet rehearsal, I went back to our room and put an ice pack on my ankle. "What happened Chloe?" I looked to the doorway. It was Paige.

Paige's POV

If was Autumn's solo rehearsal after the duet. I saw Chloe come out, but she was limping towards our room. A few minutes later, I decided to come with her. I wanted to talk to her. I know I was a bad friend when I started hanging out with Autumn, and putting aside Chloe. But, she would surely remember that we were twinnies and I cared about her, right?

Inside, Chloe was on her bed, an ice pack on her left ankle. "What happened Chloe" I asked. She answered, "Oh, I just hurt it during rehearsals. I will be fine." We haven't really talked to each other since Autie came. I thought that Chloe would be fine and we would all be best friends, but it apparently isn't that way. Chloe and Autumn seemed to be rivals.

-----

Chloe's POV

"It looks like you sprained your ankle." The nurse in the hotel said. Autumn had volunteered to come with me and Abby had praised her by saying she was very helpful and nice. "I will go get a cast and crutches for you to walk with. The nurse left into another room next to the nurse's office. "I hate you." I said to Autumn with a glare. All she said was, "Sorry, it was an accident." I knew through that sad face of hers that she was completely lying, but I couldn't say anything because the nurse had come back into the room.

She applied my cast and got me crutches to walk with. They were hard at first but I adjusted to them through the day. Crutches always looked fun to walk in, but they were a pain.

Even though I was injured, I was still supposed to come on time. I never cried whenever I was late. Abby would just yell at me even more if I did and say, "Save your tears for the pillow."

I knew that Autumn was the one who caused my sprained ankle.

But I couldn't do anything about it. The problems had started. The problems had already started.

A/N: I know I have been updating a lot. That is why I will try to update again during the weekend. (Yay!!!) It might not happen though. But, I am going to start my next chapter tomorrow. Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter. Please read my other books too.