Chapter 2 - The Start

Chloe's POV

"No, I'm not getting pushed around like this! I always have to get Studio B, whether it's Maddie or Autumn!" I yelled.

That was one of the worst things.

"Do you want to leave?!" Abby said back to me.

I didn't.

So, I just went back to Studio B, defenseless.

I only had 30 minutes to learn my dance. We only got a little less than halfway.

When, the rehearsal was over Autumn stll hadn't finished. She had 2 whole hours. She was going to learn the whole thing and clean it up. Then, tomorrow, she's going to have 2 more hours to work on it, while I only have 1 hour in total of the two days.

Well, I did not realize that I just made a big mistake with yelling to Abby.

First, Maddie said that I shouldn't have done that.

"Chloe, why did you do that?!" Maddie said when I got to the den.

At 7:00PM, we gathered in Studio A where Abby told us that we were going to a dance school the day after the competition. The dance school was in New York, so we were going to have to start packing on Friday because we were leaving right after the competition on Saturday.

----

It is finally the competition and I barely had enough time to clean up my dance. Paige and Autumn sat next to each other on the bus and they were talking and laughing a lot, while I had to sit next to Brooke. Maddie and Kendall, and Mackenzie and Nia sat together on the bus talking. It was pretty much silent between Brooke and I.

"Come on Autumn" Paige said. They were now best friends and I was pushed to the side.

Paige and Autumn put their makeup mirrors next to each other's and I put mine next to Autumn's. I didn't really know her, but it was okay because Paige and Autumn mostly talked to each other. I tried to ignore them, and I grabbed an powder brush and started applying powder. Using my eyelash glue, I carefully put on my fake eyelashes. Then, I used some mascara and put on eyeshadow.

Paige was cheering Autumn on and I guessed that she forgot about me.

Autumn danced beautifully. She hit all the turns, had straight legs, pointed toes, everything was perfect. Autie also had the face. I needed to beat her with my lyrical dance.

Lyrical was my best style, so I had to show Miss Abby that no one, not even Autumn, could replace me. I needed to win. I was very nervous competition against Autie, Maddie, and Mackenzie in the overall solos.

"Good luck" Paige merely said to me as my name was called onto the stage. I had to beat Autumn and her jazz solo with emotions and technique. My dance "You Can" started and I had to do my best. 10 a la secondes, double pirouette, and 5 more a la secondes I thought. I tried my best with the lyrical solo, not feeling completely confident. Paige and Autumn were best friends. Maddie and Kendall were best friends and I was pushed to the side. I thought being twinnies with Paige meant that she would always be there for me. It didn't.

I was being replaced by Paige.

Maddie's solo was next. She had wonderful emotion had and her turns and leaps were nice and clean. Both Autumn and her's were amazing.

Kenzie's solo was sassy jazz. She would have been better if it was acro jazz to be honest. She fell out of one of the turn combinations, but the rest was okay, not great.

In the overall solos, Autumn won, Maddie with 2nd place (1 point away), my solo had placed 3rd, and Kenzie got 5th.

Then, the group dance finally came. We all did our makeup for the dance Frost. We had blue, purple, and white eye shadow with a snowflake look. The costumes were to be put on. Everyone had a flowy light blue dress with white on it. I loved the costumes and makeup. It was beautiful. To top it off, we did our hair in a low bun with blue rhinestoned hair accessory. We had to warm up and get ready quickly because our dance was in 10 minutes.

Backstage, we ran over the dance and cheered ourselves on.

I thought that everyone was amazing and the turns and emotion was wonderful.

The group dance placed 1st too.

-----

"Come on!" Paige excitedly yelled and I joined her. I thought I could have my own time to talk to Paige, but Autumn came running up. We all dragged our huge luggage filled with all the necessities for the time we're going to be there.

When we got to the huge room with 4 bunk beds (Abby got 2 rooms: 1 for her and Gianna, and 1 for us), Paige went on the top bunk and Autumn the bottom on the first bunk bed. Everything was the same as the bus. I haven't spoken to Paige since Autumn joined about 3 or 4 days ago. Tomorrow we would start.

I checked Instagram. Paige and had posted a selfie together:

@officialpaigeymack: "Me with my bestie @autiemiller5678💞"

There were bunch of comments asking, "Where's Chloe?" or "Isn't Chloe your best friend?" and stuff like that.

I couldn't believe Paige was replacing me.

She was becoming better friends with Autumn, and we haven't even talked since she came.

Autumn was doing this for a reason.

But what?

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the update and I will try to update this week or next.