☾04: Mermaid Position☽

WOULD YOU DRINK THE POSITION FOR HAPPINESS?MERMAID POSITION

MERMAID POSITION

꧁ F O U R ꧂

I've promised her something that is worth a lot of time. I'm not sure if I can even find a way and leaving her with a broken promise is not my style. I've never told anyone that I met a real mermaid from the island that everybody seems to be talking about. It seemed about right that I should tell Maria about her. Her family seemed to have a long history here. 

I was never and embarrassed to ask her. What if she doesn't believe me? What will I do? I decided to deal with it and tell Maria. It was late and Maria was on her shift. I went to the elevator and pressed to lobby button. 

I walked to the restaurant and meet Maria there. I tapped on Maria's shoulder and she turned around, "Hey, Jungkook do you need anything?" She asked. 

"Uh...yes but I need it to be in private," I answered as I looked at her coworkers. 

Maria and I moved into a more private part of the hotel. "So, you wanted to ask me?" Maria began. "Oh yeah, so...do you believe in mermaids?" I asked. 

"Mmm yes why?"

"Well, a few days ago I met a mermaid from the mermaid island and this morning she came to me crying about the island and that she doesn't want to live there and I promised her that I'll find a way to turn her human..." I explained. Maria's eyes widen at every word that came out of my mouth. She grabs my shoulders and shakes me aggressively. 

"I KNOW! I KNOW! MY GRANDMA!" Maria yells out. "My grandma has a history with mermaids! She used to tell me stories about the mermaids. She's also a witch and has much creepy stuff we can go meet her!"

"Can we go now?" I asked. 

"Sure we can."

I was following Maria to her home. We arrived and entered greeting her parents, "Hey mom hey dad. I brought Jungkook with me so he can meet Abuelita," Maria announced. I awkwardly waved at them.

"Only if she wants to."

"I know mom," Maria says, rolling her eyes and grabbed my arm, leading me to the back of her house into a room. "Hey Abuelita!" Maria greets excitedly. An old lady sitting on a comfy chair turns and looks at us. 

"This is Jungkook," Maria introduced. 

"Sit down," The old lady by the name of "Abuelita," says coldly. Maria and I sat on the wooden chairs in front of her. "What are you here for?" She asked. I looked at Maria and sighed. 

"I met a mermaid from the mermaid island and she cried because she wished to be human and I promised her that I'll find a way to make her human and now I don't know where to start," I spoke. 

She stood up and grabbed a drink and came back to us. "Tell her to drink this." She handed me a bottle with a purple liquid inside. "Uhm, what is this?" I asked. "It's a mermaid position. Only mermaids can drink this to get legs." She explained. 

"Give this drink to her and bring her to me as fast as possible," She ordered. I and Maria stared at each other. I had hope that this would work. Imagined how happy she would be made me smile a bit.

.          .          .

I sat alone in the lagoon. I thought about what Jungkook promised me. It seemed too good to be true. I saw some mermaids giving dirty looks. It made me uncomfortable. I could tell Diane and her two friends were also talking about me. I dived in the water, trying to get away from their site. I swam to the neighbor island, hoping to tell Jungkook about them.

Diane's friends, Giselle and Lana are like her bodyguards. They are some of the most powerful mermaids besides Diane. They are always by her side and have that serious look on their faces. They're so strict and stuff it's so annoying. 

I sat on the water of the neighbor island waiting for something to happen. I suddenly heard Jungkook call my name, "Y/n, you're here! I have a surprise for you!"

I turned around and saw him and another girl. I gasped and moved away. "No, Y/n she's a friend," Jungkook said. "She came here to help," He adds. I slowly lift my head and raised my eyebrow. He gets and a bottle of purple liquid from behind him. 

"This can give you legs. You'll be free from the island."

I lifted my eyebrows. I'm shocked that he found out a way to give me legs in 24 hours. I did have my doubts. I look behind me at the island. Could this be the worst decision I make? I looked at the dry sand and felt teary. This could be my end but, I want to do it to be happy. I crawled to the edge of the water and grabbed the bottle from Jungkook's hand. 

I sighed and took a drink of it. I cringed at the taste. Jungkook takes the bottle from my hands and moves back. I reach my hand and touched the dry sand. I clenched my hands as I crawled into the sand. My head felt dizzy. Tears silently fall down my cheek, knowing the danger I was putting myself in. 

My head! My head hurts like hell. The world around me began to dim. My body weakens and I fall into a deep sleep. 

I don't know how much time I spend sleeping but I remembered when my eyes blinked open. I was surrounded around unfamiliar objects. I bed on a comfy bed with white pillows and sheets. The setting was weird but what felt weirder is my body. I look of the sheet off me and saw to naked legs. I gasped as I lift my legs. My whole body was naked. I grinned and laughed happily. 

"I DID IT!" I beamed. I hugged my own body as kicked my legs in the air. I couldn't believe it. It felt like a fever dream. I hear a door creak open and I hide under the blankets. I peeked from the blanket as saw Jungkook coming out of a room with wet hair and a towel wrapped around his waist. 

Jungkook glanced at you, "Oh, you're awake," He starts and walked toward me and sat at the edge of the bed. Jungkook chuckled, "Don't be shy. Maria will bring you clothes," He informed. 

"Clothes?" I questioned. 

"It's to cover up your body. You don't want men staring at you naked. It makes you uncomfortable," Jungkook said, drying his hair with a towel. "But you aren't wearing clothes."

"That's because I just got out of the shower. Now I will just get dressed," He smiled and stood up. My eyes trailed down to his lower body. He walks to his suitcase and grabs clothing. I continued staring at him. 

"C-Could you not?"

"Oh sorry!" I apologized and quickly looked away. I felt shy around him. I sat up on the bed and let my legs hang off the bed. I pointed my toes on the floor and then slowly let my foot fall on the floor. I put all my weight on my feet. I try to balance myself and move. Jungkook suddenly wrapped a blanket around me. 

"Don't move, Y/n. You're naked." 

Jungkook sat me down on the bed and then someone knocked on the door. Jungkook went to open the door. "I brought her clothes—oh hi..." She greeted nervously. I glared at her. I sighed, "You don't have to be afraid of me. I don't have powers. I can't hurt you," I told her. 

"It's not that. It's the fact that you're a mermaid," She replied. 

"It's so fun being a mermaid," I say, sarcastically rolling my eyes. "Get changed because we're going to take you to my grandmother," She informs. 

"Are you going to murder me!?"

"No! She told us she wanted to meet you."

A/n: unedited