☾12: Mother☽

DO YOU MISS ME, MOTHER?MOTHER

MOTHER

꧁ T W E L V E ꧂

"It all began when she was tired of being stuck on that island. I traveled to the island not expecting anything but I found your mother. My father was a fisherman so we caught her. We when got back she begged us not to do anything to her. She cried saying how she had two lovely children. She and I began to talk and she told me everything and how that island make her suffer. One day she broke the curse by touching the dry sand and I helped her get legs. It was long after her death," Abuelita explained. 

"My mother abandoned me? " I questioned myself. All those things the other Mermaids and Mermans were saying are true. She was selfish. "I don't want to be like her. I want to save the whole Mermaid Island," I spoke. 

"How are you gonna save them if you can't save yourself?" Maria asked. You lower your eyes. "I'll find a way. Thank you, Abuelita."  Abuelita nodded. Maria and I headed outside the house. "I really feel like leaving the Mermaid Island was a bad idea," Maria said. I lowered my head knowing the in my heart I wasn't fully sure of my decision. 

"I already made my choice. I'll find a way," My voice trailed off. I felt awful. I didn't feel like myself. I looked over at my hand. I had webbed, boney hands with sharp nails. I gasped. Am I seeing things? Am I paranoid? I thought. "Y/n, you alright?" Maria asked, touching my shoulder. I looked at her and back down at my hand and it looked normal again. 

"I'm fine, let's go." 

I headed back to the hotel after many thoughts. I knew my way around know which I'm hugely proud of. Jungkook said he had a surprise for me which is why I was with Maria almost the whole day. I saw Jungkook leave his hotel room. 

"Y/n, Perfect timing! I was about to go and look for you," Jungkook started. I raised my eyebrow and smiled, "What's my surprise?" I wondered. Jungkook opened the door. I looked inside and see many rose petals on the ground. "Oh my god!" I squeaked, stepping inside the room. "This is so cute!" 

Jungkook back hugged me, "I'm glad you like it," He spoke in a soft voice, pecking my cheeks. I turned around and cupped his face. "It feels like I've known you forever," I murmured.  Jungkook smiled. We kissed passionately. Jungkook picked me up and threw me onto the bed as he kissed down to my neck. His warm tongue made me forget everything and focus on him only. 

As the sun went down the moon rose. Jungkook kept the curtains closed. Preventing the moonlight from turning me into a mermaid. "It feels weird that I'm here at night time," I spoke. Jungkook scoffed and jumped beside me on the bed. "You don't need to stay here if you don't feel comfortable," Jungkook replied softly, caressing my hair behind my ear. 

"I already chose to stay. It's too late to go back."

Jungkook sighed, "You just need to get your mind free from the Island." 

"How can I do that?" I asked. Jungkook smirked, staring at my lips. "Like this," He breathed. Kissing my lips. I grabbed the back of his neck to keep me closer to him as we kissed. His hands traveled to my waist. He pushed me on the bed and got on top of me. I blushed. I never got touched like he did and I like it. His hands on my body felt so satisfying. 

As he took off his shirt, I realized what we were about to do. My skin was so ugly what if he doesn't like me anymore when he sees me like this. I wouldn't be so perfect anymore.

"May I?" He asked for permission to take off my clothes. I hesitated but I didn't want to disappoint him. I nodded nervously. He smirked and his hands went up my shirt. His face changed when he noticed the different feel of my skin. I got so embarrassed. 

He lifted my shirt to reveal my stomach. He touched my ugly patches of skin. "Y/n, when did this happen?" He asked. "You didn't have this before," He frowns. 

"It's part of the curse," I answered. 

"Huh?"

I took off my shirt and my pant to show him all the ugly patches of skin. I touched my legs and my eyes start to water. "I'm transforming...I'm dying," I sobbed with a shaky voice. Jungkook was stunned.

"You promised..." 

"I didn't want to upset you."

I wipe my tears and looked at Jungkook as he tried to process everything in his mind. I could feel that he felt betrayed. "I don't get it...How?" He wondered.

"It's the curse. It started when I touched the dry sand of this Island. I will die with all of my memories but I will rise as a siren," I explained. 

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" 

"Cause I thought—I didn't want to disappoint you and upset you. I thought you would like me anymore," I answered. Jungkook hugged me. "I would never do those things. I want you to experience the rest of your days with happiness," Jungkook dropped a tear.

"Please, don't cry."

"I love so much," He cried. "You're the reason why I wanted to leave the island. I'm tired of going back and fourth," I say, cupping his face. 

"But—but—"

"My changes would be to obvious for the other to notice. I'm not the same mermaid you met moons ago," I spoke over him. I lower my head. "My mother did the same thing I did. She was selfish. I want to break to curse and help my family out of the suffering," I continued. 

"How are you gonna do that If you left the island?" He asked. 

"I don't know."

Jungkook and I cuddled. It was silent until Jungkook spoke, "What do you want to do tomorrow?" He asked as he played with my hair. "Let's hang out with Maria and Anthony and we'll find something to do from there," I answered. 

"Hmm ok."

It was the next day, Jungkook and I were waiting for Anthony and Maria in the entrance of the hotel. "Hey, Y/n I haven't seen you in a while," Anthony greeted. "It's been difficult." I responded. I know that Anothony noticed my skin but he was kind enough to not say anything about it. Anthony was waited for Maria with us until she came. 

Maria arrived a few minutes after. "Guys sorry I'm late. I was doing things," Maria came panting. "I really thought you guys wouldn't be here anymore."

"Why wouldn't we? We've been waiting here for like 30 minutes," Jungkook says. 

"Sorry geez. Anyways, I was thinking we could go to a trampoline park or go fishing—" 

"Trampoline park sounds interesting," I say, interrupting Maria. Maria looked at both of the boys. "Okay then. We gonna have a lot of fun," Maria smirked. And so I did. It was fun jumping in the air. It was the most fun I had so far. We were walking out of the Trampoline park laughing while eating snacks. 

We were chatting until Maria mentioned something, "In the hotel, there is like a small Village looking like area with restaurants and a nightclub. Do you'll want to go?" 

Jungkook and I looked at each other. "Yeah, we'll go."

A/n: Unedited. Reminder to follow me for updates😼