Chapter 10 - The Cure

The Cure:

****

"Please," (Y/n) begged. "Please, just let me go." She watched as Katherine paced back and forth. (Y/n) had no idea where she was, but it was cold and dark and she was scared. "Will you just shut up, for one minute?" Katherine said, continuing to pace back at forth. She ran her fingers through her hair, getting frustrated. "What do you want from me?"

"I don't want anything from you." Katherine spat. "You are merely a pawn in all of this." (Y/n)'s breathing was heavy and staggered. She allowed Katherine to continue. "I knew that Stefan and Damon wouldn't just hand over the cure to me." She explained, using her hands to exaggerate. (Y/n) only hoped that Katherine wouldn't use one of those hands on her.  "So I decided to take myself a little incentive. They don't want to hand over the cure-?" Katherine pointed at (Y/n).  "They have no choice now that I have you."

Deep down, (Y/n) knew that Damon would not leave her here with Katherine like this; he would do everything he could to get her out of here. "Wait-" (Y/n) said, thinking about everything that Katherine had just said to her. "A cure? What for?" 

Katherine stopped pacing and turned on her heel to face (Y/n). Katherine sighed and bit the inside of her cheek in frustration. "The cure." She replied, moving her hands again to emphasise the last word. "Like the band?" 

"What? I literally have no idea what you're talking about." Katherine replied, putting her face up close to (Y/n)'s. "The cure for Vampirism, sweetheart." (Y/n)'s mind started racing. Did Damon know that there was a cure?

Since finding out that her boyfriend and his brother were vampires, (Y/n) hadn't really thought about what her life would have been like if she had stayed with Damon. She loved Damon but wasn't sure if she could deal with the idea of being with him and having to grow old whilst he stayed a vampire; that's why she was going to leave. If he took the cure, they could finally be together without having to worry. They could grow old together. They could have a family together

'No, don't be stupid'  (Y/n) told herself. 'Damon would never do that. He would never want it; as much as he might love me, he would never give up immortality to be with me.'

"They'd best be quick about handing over that cure," Katherine began, opening her mouth wide to expose her fangs with the veins under her eyes showing. "Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to slowly torture you." 

****

Stefan ran up the stairs from the basement to the ground floor of the Boarding house being followed by Damon and Alaric. He felt a new sense of freedom and a new sense of life like he had never felt before. Hearing Katherine tell him that she didn't love him and never had, had freed him and now he could finally move on with his life. "Wait! Go back!" Alaric shouted after Stefan. "There's a cure for Vampirism?" Alaric looked at Damon as if to say Did you know about this? 

"Apparently so," Damon said. "How long have you known about this, Stefan?" Stefan was scanning the shelves for something, as though Damon and Alraci weren't there. "God, I haven't missed this side of Stefan," Damon admitted, waving his hand in front of Stefan's face and clicking his fingers. "Hey, Stefan!" He said. "How long have you known about the cure?"