Chapter 36

Chapter 36: Golden Sword-Key

THE SWEET and bitter taste of the wine, the shinny-shattering wine glass and the color of the dim lights.

I gulped the alcohol that it travels in my throat as it draw the bitterness that burns and awaken the flame inside me.

It was on the middle of the story when I suddenly crap it off. "Do you know what I am afraid the most?" I asked in the middle of their conversation. I hung up and change the topic out of nowhere.

I just examining the wine glass I was currently holding. Pinaikot-ikot ko ang laman nito through shaking the glass into a circular motion.

I got their attentions. The three captains starred at me while the Head Superior gave a dead faced as she showed not interested. I can't focus, she gave me this accusing looks.

"What do you mean?" Captain B asked, he seems confused. He drag his wine glass on the the table.

"What you are trying to say, my Queen?" Ariell (Captain A) questioned. All of them were waiting for my possible answer. The tried to brake their confusion but it wouldn't help.

"The effects might spread but the cause, itself, stayed there," I cleared my throat. A continuation of what I said.

"What makes you afraid, then?" The Head Superior asked while pouring my glass with exact amount of wine.

"Loving my fear," I responded. I look at her, straight to the eye. "That is why I tend to stop loving my fear before it getting worse," I let my lips flash a smirked.

"How about you, my superior?" He didn't expect that I would throw the question to her. Tila nabuhusan siya ng malamig na tubig.

"What about me? My biggest fears?" She exclaimed. Her brow arched, boastful.

I smirk, "No," I shook my head. Her face turn confused. The tension between me and he was surreal. "What will you do if someone block your way?" The three male captains were silently watching the scenario.

"Kill, I would kill them." She answered unhesitatingly. "Why? Are you planning to block my way?" May pagbabanta sa kaniyang pagkakasabi. Hindi man niya iyon literal na sinabi ngunit naramdaman ko sa kaniyang tono ng pananalita.

"Why would I? You're my superior, kahit kailan ay hindi ko pangarap na maging dumi sa dinaraanan mo," kahit kailan ay hindi ko iyon pinangarap dahil higit pa roon ang nais ko.

Sapat na ang maging bato, I will make sure that I will be the cause of your sudden flounder. Sisiguraduhin kong hindi kana makaka bangon pang muli.

"Good to hear," she smiled at me and I smiled back, unsaturated. Be nice to me while I am being nice to you. This is not the right time to be revealed. I should act nice person more often.

"What if---"

"What if?"

"What if your own blood block your way off?" Part of me was feared to ask such that question that would I might get caught. Paano nga kung ang sarili niyang anak ang sanhi ng kaniyang pagka dapa, what would she do? "Can you put the gun out of that jerk's head? Would you kill your son?" Now, this is my chance to pour her wine glass.

She let out a heavy sigh in disbelief. "Once they block my way I will never let it passed on my nerves. If killing them was required, I won't hesitate to do that even to my own blood," she concluded.