I. New home

I looked at the house, that we just arrived at. My new home... but for now it was just an empty house. I looked at my mom who was walking to the front door, trying to find the right key. I leaned against the car, as I sighed. I did not want to leave my friends back in my old state, but I knew that my mom would have a better job here. 

When she asked if I wanted to go. I couldn't say that I did not want to, because she would give up this opportunity. As I looked at the house, I knew that I had new opportunities here too. I just needed to find them. 

Soon enough we started to take the boxes inside the house, putting every box where it was labelled to be. Well, besides those who were supposed to be in my room. We did not choose what rooms we would sleep in yet. There were three bedrooms in this house. 

"What do you think?" My mom asked me and I looked around. The living room wasn't the biggest but not the smallest either. The walls had a light brown undertone to them and there was a lot of light coming from the windows. 

"I like it," I said, looking back at her. She was smiling at me, I could see the excitement in her eyes. I knew that she was excited for tomorrow, her first day at work. Tomorrow was my first day at the new school too. I was nervous about it, to be honest. I told myself that it could not be that bad, it was just school after all. 

"What type of food, do you want?" She asked me as she took her phone out. "I could eat some Chinese food," I said and she nodded. She started typing, trying to find a restaurant to call. "We have a five-star restaurant with delicious shrimps and chicken noodle soup," She said before looking up at me. 

"Sound great!" I said giving her a thumbs up before smiling at her. "Okay, I will call them, and you can go and pick a room," I nodded my head. I stood up from the couch. I started heading upstairs, to where the rooms were located. I walked inside the first room I saw. 

It was probably the smallest room, out of all three. The walls were light purple, the room had two windows, as it was located in the corner of the house. You could watch the sunset every night from those windows. The room was maybe small, but I liked it. 

I smiled as I placed my hands on my hips. This was my room now. I turned around to walk to my boxes and starting to move them into my new room. I would probably sleep on a mattress that night as we did not have bed frames yet, and it was getting a little late. 

I set a box down and my mom was in the door frame of my brand new room. "I like this room," She said. "It is very cosy, I would say. Anyways, the food will be here in an hour. We can set up something to sleep on, in that time," She added and I nodded. 

We set up a mattress in my room and a mattress in the room my mother chose. I took my liking to the house. It was really cosy, even the basement was cosy, as it was made into a living room. So we had two living rooms. My mom said that I could take the one downstairs, and put some games and other stuff there. 

The food arrived before the time, it was supported to arrive. We did not complain, who would complain about that honestly? We were sitting on the couch, eating our food and talking. Soon enough, when we were done. We headed to bed, as we did want to get good sleep for our first days at work/school. 

I was laying on the mattress, texting some friends. Talking about the house, my room and how long the drive was. I think I talked with them until one in the morning, that is when I decided that I should probably head to bed. I said good night to my friends, put my phone on charging and went to sleep. 

The mattress was not the most comfortable thing I slept on, but for one or two nights it would be alright. I did not dream that night, which I think was a good thing. I had a disliking for dreaming. Since my dreams were not dreams, they were always those god damn nightmares. Haunting me, with the last memory of him. I missed my father a lot and wished that he could have stayed a little bit longer. 

Waking up in the morning was like hell, but it was always like that. I hated to wake up as my energy in the morning was not the best, but soon enough I was up on my two feet. I ate breakfast with my mother in the kitchen. We made ourselves coffee too. Both of us were not morning persons. 

My mom drove me to school, as I did not know what bus to take or where to goose from. The school was smaller than my previous one, but still pretty big. I was looking at it from the car window when my mom fake coughed to get my attention. I looked at her and smiled. 

"Have a great day, honey, and remember to call me if anything happens," She said with a smile on her face. I had the same smile at her, people always told me that. I was happy to have her smile as she had a beautiful smile. 

"I will mom, have a good day at work," I said to her. Before I knew it, she was driving off and I was walking inside the school. I was the new girl in school, that everyone was looking at and judging.