Chapter 16: A Knife's Edge

I swear I'm not dead! Here's a very very late update! Please don't kill me!

"I thought you owed me a favor?" Bobbi's voice said into my ear, followed by a slightly amused laugh.

"I'm the one who said your ex was no good," I argue playfully, hoping to get to the point soon,"Warning you early on must count for something."

"Mhm, sure. I was the one who got you out of getting married to that weirdo Dane guy." She said.

I met Bobbi Morse about six years ago, back when she was dating Clint. I encountered her when she was drunk, and I introduced myself, and she replied ' My name is Sticks and I hit things with Bobbi's'.

I immediately disliked her. I thought she was one of those SHIELD agent bimbos who were just pretty faces. I was soon proved wrong after I was paired with her to retake a SHIELD facility that had been compromised. She saved my life that day.

The name Sticks stuck and we stayed friends even after she and Clint broke up. Then she moved on to a Hunter dude, and I immediately knew it was a bad match. I warned her......

They are now not so happily divorced, and I became twenty bucks richer.

"Yeah, Bobbi, can we just skip to the last part where you see me as a friend and do the favor anyway?"

The line goes silent for a few seconds before I hear her voice again,"That kind of situation?"

I nod, but then realize I'm on the phone and she can't see me,"Uh huh. Are you still on the helicarrier?"

"Yeah, for another 48 hours. What do you need?"

I find a small thread that escaped the cloth on my bed, and fiddle with it with my free hand," There's a guy named Bradley, Colton Bradley, currently stationed there. He's a field officer, just promoted. I need you to tell him to get a hold of me using FarHorse as soon as possible ."

"Bradley. Field officer. You. FarHorse. That's it? You sure you don't need me to pull some strings and get you some high end weapons?"

A click formed in my brain, remembering my promise to Tony,"Yes actually."

I hear a stifled laugh,"Your kidding................your not kidding?"

I smirk a little,"Get Bradley, the codes to the blueprints can wait till I get back. Bye Sticks!"

I hit the off button before she can protest. I threw my phone in the general direction of my bag, and I sighed. I covered my eyes with my hands, frustrated and confused. The name Sprouse kept flashing in my head, reminding me that just minutes ago I learned SHIELD had a knack for secret keeping, as if I already didn't know.

The thing is I had researched all of this years ago. SHIELD computers told me none of that family was living. Now, I had someone who claimed to be a Sprouse right on this very plane, saying she had yet another relative. It angered me so much. I wanted to kill something.

My hand lazily relaxed on my leather jacket's pocket. I reached in a little deeper, cool metal hitting my fingers tips. I smirked a little to myself. Yoga was one way to let out stress. There's other ways.

Like killing something.

I was out my door as fast as my feet could go while staying silent, so pretty fast. I quickly crept down the metal stairs, my target sighted. I flipped out my knife as I reached the end of the stairwell. Within a second, the knife left my hand, flying towards my victim.

The weapon sunk into the fabric of the punching bag. As I pulled it back out of the object, I wished for a second it was the Sprouse girl's body. In an instant, the thought was gone, and I was just happy to have a knife in my hand.