Chapter Four: Paranoid

I walk in, scanning the area with my eyes. I find a desk, chair, pictures, all sorts of things. I go to his hickory colored desk and punch in a code to open the drawer: 8-4-0-3-7. I smile when the draw presents itself.

I pick up a ripped envolope, nothing on it, just white. I think over it. Why would Coulson open an untitled envelope?

I check all the papers for ceases or dents, indicating that they had been in the envelope. Nothing.

There must be a scanner on this plane somewhere where it could identify any prints. I lock the drawer then start to walk out. As soon as I leave the room, I hear footsteps behind me.

I let the envelope fall as I whip around. I fast as I can, I kick at their legs, the person falling to the ground. I jump up, putting my boot to Fitz's neck.

"Please," he chokes," Don't kill me."

I roll my eyes, stepping off his throat. He coughs, gasping for air as I cross my arms.

"You really shouldn't try to sneak up on me."

He coughs, scratching at his throat," I didn't mean to, just wanted to talk to you."

"I'm listening."

Fitz regains his voice, accent and all," Were sweeping for Coulson now. I just wanted to see what you found."

I pick the paper off the floor," An untitled envelope, opened. I need you to scan for prints."

He produces rubbery gloves from his pocket as he gingerly takes the object from me. I hear more footsteps.

I push Fitz behind me as I take out my pistol. I wait as someone turns the corner. Simmons give me a frightened look as she reveals herself. I sigh, putting the pistol away. I'm way to paranoid.

"You can stop being so jumpy," Fitz pipes, coming from behind me," You always are prepared for a monster to come out of the blue. You can trust us."

I laugh a little as the two scientists give me weird looks.

"Listen rookies, I can count the people I trust on my two hands. In this line of work, I advise you to do the same."

They both stare, then exchange glances.

"Okaaay," Simmons says, pursing her lips," So we decide not to trust you? The person who helped save the planet?"

I think, then sigh," I......Sorry, I'm not usually like this."

"If by this, you mean completely paranoid and intimidatingly harsh, then I really hope so." Fitz pipes as I let out a small smile.

"I'm just on edge about Coulson. I mean, I watched him die. He technically should be actually dead."

The two exchange another look, their eyes fidgeting back and forth. They then look back at me, renewed smiles.

"Well, he's alive, somehow. Were all glad." Simmons comments sweetly. To sweetly, to manufactured. She's hiding something.

"I need to go and scan this for prints. See you around!" Fitz says, examining the envelope. And the two scurry off. I roll my eyes. They are so cute.

I heading into the 'living room', seeing what appears to be a holo table. I look up to see Ward, May, and Skye pressing their fingers to it.

"Any luck?"

They look up at me, as if surprised by my presence. They glare.

"Are you done pointing guns at us?" Skye asks bluntly.