Chapter 13: Now to Exit

Ever since I learned I had power, I used it, some in ways I would not like to speak of. One of my many flaws is the misuse of it, the scars I have attained from letting it get out of hand. I crave control, and if I lose it, I am a ship in a storm, letting fate decide if I survive or not. That's why I grasp it, the power I have. My abilities of combat and usually having the upper hand of any situation.

One of my greatest fears is losing my control, becoming powerless to stop the things around me. When Coulson lay dying, or I thought he was dying, next to me, and I knew he was gone, I lost my control. I couldn't do anything to stop the process of my friend leaving existence, to become death's next victim.

I felt it again when I couldn't stop Loki and his stupid bodyguard from nearly killing me. As I was thrown against that railing by an almost unstoppable man, I couldn't do anything. As Loki traced his mark on me with my own knife, I couldn't do anything. When I knew of the impending invasion and I couldn't stop it, I was scared to the core of my being.

I remember dropping the remote that could have ended Loki's life, all in the palm of my hand. I let the power go, letting my control over the murderer life. I let my power go, and I felt striped of everything I had. And it scared me.

Now here I was, pushed against the wall by a man's telekinesis, powerless. And I'm was afraid. I'm scared.

But then again, there's that stubborn part of me that was just pissed off and wanted to kill somebody. Preferably Helm.

My face was pushed against the cool, metal wall, making it hard to breath. My hands were glued, as well as me legs. I also believe I was a few inches off the ground. I breathed, forcing myself to swallow. My head was pounding, and I felt a migraine coming on.

It took all my strength just to pull my head around a centimeter. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Helm. He hadn't moved at all, but his expression revealed how amused he was.

"Well well," he said in a deep, gravely voice. It sounded like his throat had been dragged on pavement a few times to get that raspy and deep. I realized this was the first time I had heard him speak. Kinda wished I never had.

"One of SHIELD's finest."

I was going to snort, if I could have breathed properly I would have, but I resorted to a strained comment, "Who said I was the finest? Maya DiCrama, third year of training. And it's not a pleasure to meet you."

He laughed, such a laugh that it was a pain to the ears. I winced a little, suppressing a cough, "Sure laugh, inflict more misery on me."

My face was thrust back, my mouth clenched by a force from the mind. I was even more pushed against the wall, and was pretty sure I had already indented it.

"Smart mouth," I heard my assailant grumble," Just shut up."

I was barely able to comprehend the words that came out, just knew it was painful to say them," Did I touch a nerve?"

How I was even more pushed into the wall I don't know.

"Well, shall we ease off her?" I heard another voice say. I wanted to punch something so bad after I heard that voice. It was a sound I half expected, but this person's voice still somewhat surprised me.

"Hello Summers," I choked, gasping for breath as venom dripped off my words.

I felt the pressure ease of me, and I coughed as I breathed fully into my lungs. I heard a perplexed gasp.

"Furia?"

I laughed, causing pain in my chest, "Surprised you remembered the name?"

I was able to turn my head a little, catching a glimpse of the playboy charmer. His face was contorted in disbelief, his boyish aura shattered by utter surprise. It was a hell of a sight to see, considering he mostly struck you as arrogant and cocky.