Chapter 2; Battle Ground

The moonlight shone throughout the room, pouring in through the window. (Y/n) stepped lightly toward the window in her white nightgown, shutting the curtain. She crossed her arms, her bare feet shifting around. "I think I'll go for a midnight stroll."

Opening the door to a hallway, she stepped outside her room, shutting the door carefully behind her.

Walking down the hall was peaceful, not a soul in sight... Or, maybe just one.

Levi Ackerman stepped through the hall, toward his office. His eyes locked onto (Y/n) as she passed by, and she awkwardly nodded a greeting to him.

As she stepped away from him, she could feel him staring at her.

"Oi," his low voice startled her. She turned around to face him, blinking in confusion. He pointed down at her feet. "Put some shoes on, I don't want you tracking anything filthy in here."

She looked down at her feet, her toes clearly visible. "Oh! Er, of course, thanks."

She trotted back to her door, grabbing a pair of boots and slipping them on. Making sure that she had everything she needed, she quickly passed Levi in the hallway and headed outside. The fresh air was refreshing, the soft breeze sending soft chills across her body. The clouds seemed to carry the warning of a storm, and (Y/n) decided to just take a walk around the garden. The roses were bright red, even under the dark-night-sky. (Y/n) bent down, her chest touching her knees. Plucking a single rose, she lifted it to her nose, a small smile residing on her cheeks.

"What're you doing...?"

(Y/n) turned her bright eyes toward the figure that stood on her left side.

"I'm just smelling a flower... And what're you doing? Weren't you heading for your office?" (Y/n) stared up at Levi.

"I forgot something in the stables."

"Ah, that explains it," She stood, still holding the rose in her hand. The thorns on the stem pricked her skin, causing her to drop the rose. It fell onto the gravel, petals falling alongside it.

"Ouch.." She sighed, blowing on the small cut.

Levi didn't say anything, just stared at her hand for a few heartbeats. Then his eyes turned toward the sky, a drop of water hitting the bridge of his nose and sliding down to the tip, dripping off seconds later. "Great."

(Y/n) lifted her hand to the clouds, feeling the rain droplets fall down onto her palm. "Seems like it's going to be a storm."

"Yeah," Levi sighed, tucking his hands in his pockets. The rain began pouring down, soaking their hair immediately. "Let's head back."

"What about the thing you forgot?"

"I can retrieve it tomorrow."

"But the stable's right there!"

"Its fine. Nobody's going to take it."

"Okay... Well, what was it?"

"Just my Scout cloak, nothing else," He grumbled. "Why so many damn questions?"

(Y/n) ignored him, running off toward the stables. "Hold on, I'll be right back!"

She ran off, leaving Levi staring after her in confusion.

---

Mud splattered up her legs as she ran back, holding a warm cloak in her arms. She shielded it from the rain as best she could, smiling as she neared Captain Levi.

"Got it!"

Levi scoffed. "Tch, you got you clothes all muddy, take your boots off by the door."

"Yes sir!" She said, handing him his cloak as soon as they reached the shelter of the roof. Levi took it before walking off, not saying another word. (Y/n) sighed.

Well he doesn't talk much, does he.

---

Puddles of water were everywhere outside in the courtyard. (Y/n) looked at the sky. It was brighter then it was the previous day, the storm had passed after all.

"Cadets!" Erwin shouted, Hanji Zoe beside him. "Today, we will pick up with the previous mission!"

His eyes were serious and strong. "Prepare yourselves, and ready your horses!"

His orders were recognized by everyone. "Yes sir!" They all shouted in unison, saluting him. (Y/n) heaved herself onto her horse, steadying him as she approached her outpost for the time being.

"Alright... Lets go..."

---

"Advance!" Erwins voice shouted loudly all around them, their horses at full speed. This time, they needed to eliminate as many titans around the wall as possible, that way they could scavenge the area with more ease.

They were split between two teams, the retrieving team and the fighting team. (Y/n) was sorted into the retrieving team, meaning she needed to gather as many supplies into the satchel on her side as possible.

The horse's clambered loudly side by side, except when Erwin gave the order to split, and with that, (Y/n) stood atop her horse, balancing herself carefully, then switching to ODM gear.

She crashed into a window of a house, tumbling over the sharp glass. Ignoring any pain, she marched over to a wooden chest and opened it up. "Aha!" She grabbed canned food that resided at the bottom of the chest. "Score!"

Standing up, she climbed out the window and onto the roof. She ran over to another home, diving into the already-broken window. She searched cupboards, drawers, closets, and everything in the house. No supplies. "Damn," she sighed.

(Y/n) ran out the front door this time, finding herself face to face with a titan.

Its was bent down, a scowl on its face. A shiver ran down her spine.

"An abnormal..."

It lunged for her, and she had absolutely no time to grab her swords.

"This is the end."