|| chapter 3 ||

A/N: AAAAAA 84 READS?!??! TYSM!!~

okay last chapter ended with a teenage drama cliffhanger after some (cute) sotam flUfF

this chapter's going to be in Tam's POV cause- well- i wanna make him like Sophie in this story

Tam's POV

I'm.

So.

Freaking.

Stupid.

She DEFINITELY knows I like her now. Honestly, I didn't even know I liked her until Biana started dating Dex and I realized I didn't really mind.

For a second, I thought nobody saw us. I was wrong though. Someone cleared their throat behind us, and I quickly let go of Sophie and scrambled back. 

She covered her flushed cheeks.

Tam turned around to see Biana and Dex, which definitely wasn't as bad as Linh or Marella. Dex wasn't as gushy. However.. Biana..

"EEEEEEE!" Biana squealed, her rich, deep brown wavy locks bouncing. "Are you guys dating?! Sophie, is Tam going to ask you out? 

Dex rolled his eyes.

"I swear, my giriend only hears romantic talk. What does Sophie need help with? Dex asked.

Sophie's eyes were begging Tam not to reply what they both knew she had.

Hope.

Pleading.

Anxiety.

But he couldn't let her fight alone. He couldn't lose another person he loved. But he could keep her secret. For now. For now only.

"We wanted to pull a prank on you." Tam said, tugging on his bangs. 

Sophie's eyes filled with relief.

"Okay. Cool. But are you dating though?" Biana asked, squealing.

"Hold up. Back the T-Rex up. Bangs Boy and the Mysterious Miss F are dating?" Keefe asked, striding into the room with Linh and Marella.

"THEY ARE?!" Linh said, skipping over to Tam. "Tammy, is this trueeee."

"No." Tam answered promptly. "Me and Sophie have no romantic interest for each other and this was just a setup."

(A/N: Right-)

Sophie seemed to agree reluctantly, and although I told myself not to let this happen, my hopes swelled up.

Maybe she liked him back. It was a dim light in a shadowy hallway, but if the light was fed, it would grow.

Marella twisted a braid around her finger, her blond hair shiny. "I'm kinda nervous," Marella said as Fitz completed their friend group as he walked up to them. (I think thats everyone right? Sophie, Tam, Marella,  Linh, Fitz, Biana and Dex, thats everyone right?)

"If we're all together the Neverseen could ambush us," Marella said. "We should probably be on our defensive mode."

Biana nodded agreeably. "The last time we were all together the Neverseen tried to kidnap Sophie. I don't think they'll go for the same trick twice though, so I don't think we should be that worried."

Fitz shrugged. "I agree with Biana. They should know we know they won't go for the same trick twice."

Tam felt nervous still, though. "Keep an eye on Sophie though." He suggested, looking around for Sophie. But she wasn't where he'd last seen her. She wasn't near the wall anymore.

And the wall led to a door. Someone could've taken her. But there was no way. There wasn't another group other than the Neverseen, and the Neverseen would know that using the same trick twice wouldn't work. She had to be near. 

"Tam?" Dex said, stepping forwards. "She's there, right?"

Tam shook his head, bangs swishing. "No. She's not.." He whispered, clearing the shadows from the hallway to see if she was shadowed. It didn't work. She wasn't there.

"Sophie?" Linh called nervously. "Where are you?"

The group exchanged glances. If Sophie wasn't here.. then it was possible someone had taken her. But everyone was trying to delude themselves into thinking the Neverseen wouldn't flip the card twice.

A/N: I hope you're enjoying the suspense so far! Keep reading to see how the chapter ends! This one was pretty carefully plotted.

Sophie's POV

Everyone was talking. Biana was squealing about who knows what, and she'd just slipped away quietly, running to go get her things from her locker.

Then somebody had grabbed her, and Sophie screamed. The person had a bracelet with a pearl, with jewels arranged in the Neverseen pattern. She heard her friends run towards her direction and the person holding her cursed and dropped her - hard - on the jeweled floor.

Her head hit the floor hard. Pain rushed through her head and her gaze fogged. Her arm smashed into the jewels spiking out of the floor and raked against one, leaving a stinging trail of blood. And it burned.

To think she inflicted that amount of pain on her friends?

Dragged them into it?

Even though their pain was so much worse?

Spots danced in her vision and then the world disappeared.

Honestly? That was when she was too weak to fight the hopelessness anymore. The pain goaded her.

It all spilled over. A large avalanche of worries, and a hurricane of held-back tears.

A/N: if you look closely, you will recognize this part!

She couldn't.

This time, she wasn't strong enough.

She doubted she could hold on much longer.

It wasn't the Neverseen's fault this time.

It was her own.

Trapped in a world dimmed to monotones, sparkly glittering prisons.

Everything - everyone - was against her.

She couldn't do anything about it.

This time, the weights were holding her down.

Chains holding her.

Voices echoed so close, yet so unreachable - she was trapped in the murkiness of her own mind.

Shadows swallowed up the light.

And she lay lost.

Waiting for someone to undo what she'd done a long time ago.

A/N: If you want the plot explained in this chapter I don't blame you. It's very confusing.

No, it wasn't the wounds that caused this. The pain reminded her of the pain she'd caused her friends.

She ain't broken-

don't worry-

If you recognized the last part of the chapter, comment it lol!