chp. 2 - broken records

i've never felt so connected to someone more. i've never had my jokes laughed at before. i've never truly felt like someone liked me until i met ginny.

ron left the room shortly after we got a bed set up for him. ginny and i spent the last couple of hours talking non stop about everything. she told me stories about the past two years at hogwarts and how magical things are. i told her about my muggle school and what we were forced to learn. i had a friend i thought to myself.

she had just finished telling me about quidditch when she approached a rather large box sitting on the floor by my dresser. "what's this"? she asks with a confused look on her face.

"they're records, i love collecting them, they're all muggle songs" i reply with a light smile while walking over to her. she pulls one out from the box and hands it to me.

"i wanna listen to this one" ginny says smiling.

as it fell into my hands i read the title; "sweater weather - the neighborhood". i pull the disc out and put it on the player. the sound fills the room.

FEEL FREE TO PLAY THE SONG WHILE READING<3
( i made it so the lyrics of the song while you listen match up with the story)

ginny's face lit up as she started dancing around the room. "y/n you have to sing" ginny exclaimed passing me her hairbrush. "i can't sing ginny, don't ma.." she grabbed me by the hand and pulled me onto the bed. i felt the urge to just burst out into song. i felt comfortable around ginny. she was my best friend even if she didn't think the same. i see my door slowly open and the twins walk in.

"y/n sing" george yelled with his hands cusp around his lips to make the sound travel farther. at once the three red heads started chanting for me to sing the song that blared throughout the entirety of the room.

"touch my neck and i'll touch yours, you in those little high wasted shorts ohh" i sang with the hairbrush as my microphone. i reached my hand out to grab ginny and pull her up onto the bed with me.

"one love, two mouths, one love, one house, no shirt, no blouse" i continued to sing with the music. fred and george were slowly swaying side to side to the music. their long hair hitting their ears gently. ginny by my side laughing and trying to sing along but all that was coming out of her mouth was gibberish. i laughed along with them.

- ron's p.o.v -

i was heading up the stairs to call y/n and ginny down for dinner. i couldn't bare to sit in a room with two girls all afternoon. i spent time with fred and george and eventually went to help mum with dinner.

"bloody hell, what is that noise" i mumbled to myself as i approached y/n's door.

i opened it to see fred and george standing by her dresser swaying to the music that she had put on. i looked up to see ginny and y/n standing on her bed. y/n holding a hairbrush in her hand singing with it while in her free hand holding ginny's.

"these hearts adore, everyone the other beat heart is for. inside this place is warm. outside it starts to pour" y/n screams on the top of her lungs. her voice is immaculate. the amount of passion she sings with. i couldn't help but feel my face go red once again.

- y/n's p.o.v -

i start jumping around on my bed with ginny as we danced around to the music.

"this is my new favourite song" i hear fred yell over the blaring music. i feel my face lighting up with the biggest smile .

"cause it's too cold for you here" ginny and i sang in unison. she picked up the lyrics fast.

i walked backwards slowly as i let her have the stage. she was dramatically singing along with the words of the song. i didn't realize it at the time but i had reached the end of my bed and fell over the foot of my bed. i felt my body collapse in a pair of arms.

i opened my eyes to see a pair of blue eyes looking back at me as he slowly lifted my body back up to stability and grabbed me by the waist and placed me back on the bed.

"are you alright" ginny says rushing over to me as i look at ron who had the most concerned look on his face.

"i'm alright" i quickly replied breaking the eye contact with ron and reassuring ginny.

"mum says dinners ready" ron says turning towards his two brothers. fred and george walk out of the room giving me a slight smile with ginny following.

"thank you ron" i said shyly. i haven't been in a room alone with him yet. "oh yeah, don't worry about it" he replies as his hand goes to rub the back of his neck. we both walk out of the room in an awkward silence.

WORD COUNT: 907
I KNOW THIS CHAP WAS SHORT BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS A CUTE FILLER CHAP.
I LOVED MAKING THIS CHAP. THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT<33