chp. 6 - amortentia

i opened my eyes. i got up out of the makeshift bed that sat at the foot of ginnys. i made my way over to the door and opened as quietly as i could.

"ron?" i whispered after stepping out of ginnys room.

"y/n?" he asked, "what are you doing awake?" ron said.

"i could ask you the same question" i said as i finally closed the door behind me. it was dark. i couldn't make out ron's expression.

"harry snores" he replies as he walks over to me.

"just cant sleep" i say shyly. i stared into his blue eyes. our bodies almost pressed up against one another.

"you know you could tell me what's wrong y/n" he said as he cusps his hand on my cheek. "you've seemed off since you woke up from your nap" he finishes.

he was right. i've been down. i was anxious. i've never felt like this before. i never let guys get the best of me. but ron was different.

"it's nothing" i say smiling while grabbing his hand and taking it off my face. "goodnight weasley" i say as i walk back into ginnys room. i got into bed and pulled my sheets right up to where ron's hand had just been placed. i felt at peace again. maybe he did care.

"morning sunshine" ginny calls out to me when she walks in to open her curtains.

i get out of bed and stare out of ginnys window. i saw molly de-gnoming the garden. the family owl soaring around the house. i walked out of the room and into the bathroom.

"y/n!" george calls out as i'm walking past his room, "these are for you." he says with a smirk.

"what's this?" i ask hesitantly to take the box.

"i got you something to say sorry" he replies.

i smile gently "thank you."

i wasn't going to eat these. there's no way. i've lost all trust in george. i walk over to ron's room and knock on his door.

"come in" ron calls. he smiles at me, his eyes shift to the box of chocolates i was holding, the smile fading into a confused look.

"george gave them to me" i said, "i'm not eating any more of the stuff either of your brothers give me" i chuckle as i throw the box at ron.

"thank you y/n!" ron calls out of his room. i walk into ginnys room.

i grab my record player and start playing "hayloft - mother mother" i play this song almost every morning. i danced around the room while putting my makeup on for the day.

"good morning molly!" i say walking over to her.

"good morning dear" she replies while handing me a bowl of cereal.

i sit down at the table and start eating. i didn't realize how hungry i was. hermione and ginny walked into the kitchen. i smile at them both as they take a seat at the table. i was starting at hogwarts tomorrow.

"someones hungry" fred calls out from the stairs. "didn't like the chocolates y/n?" george says following.

i roll my eyes at the two of them.

TIME SKIP

i was sitting on the couch of the burrow. ginny to my left and hermione next to her. harry in the armchair. fred and george on the floor. ron never came down. missed breakfast and lunch. molly went out and arthur was at work.

"let's play a game of quidditch" ginny says breaking the silence.

"y/n and harry will be keepers" hermione calls
out. "the rest of us chasers" harry adds.