chp. 9 - honeydukes

- ron's p.o.v -

i watched as y/n's y/c/h hair bounced as she sprinted up the stairs. cedric was drunk, i knew it, i just didn't know y/n would pull out the dating thing. i mentioned it before term started and never brought it up again. i assumed that she didn't want it. was she just making up an excuse or did she really want to go through with the prank.

i made eye contact with george as i watched him clench his jaw and make his way out of the common room.

"you and y/n" hermione said to me smiling. i rolled my eyes at her and made my way up to my dorm. i sunk into the warmth of my bed as my cold hands cupped my heated face. i pulled my phone out from the back pocket of my jeans.

y/n

*1:34 a.m.*

ronald
what was that about?

- - -

i saw the three dots spiral amongst one another until they vanished. the dorm room creaked open and
i saw harry standing at in the frame.

"why didn't you tell me" he said frustrated as he walked into the room and lied down on his bed.

"i didn't know" i replied back to him as i sat up and put my phone face down on the nightstand beside me.

"what are you going on about" he says rolling his eyes in my direction.

"before the term started george and fred were pranking y/n and i and i may or may not have mentioned that we should get together to get back at them since they both like y/n and i'm guessing that was her first reaction to the situation" i rambled on without taking a breath and collapsing in the warmth of my bed once again.

- y/n's p.o.v -

i walked into the bathroom of the dorm room and splashed cold water on my face. i was upset with myself, i knew cedric was drunk and it wasn't right to say that ron and i were dating. as much as it felt good to say that i had a companion, it made me feel weird.

i sat on my bed and pulled my phone out from my trunk.

*1:37 a.m.*

1 new message from ronald

- - -

i unlocked my phone and opened the message.

ronald

*1:37 a.m.*

ronald
what was that about?

- - -

i read the message over and over again as my thumbs shook over the letters on the keyboard of my phone. what if he didn't want the dating anymore.

ronald

*1:39 a.m.*

ronald
what was that about?

you
i'm sorry, i was thinking on the spot.
i'll just say i was drunk.

ronald
don't worry y/n. let's do this.