Her Spark In Me

• Dedicated kay Flong Bucad

[A/N: Hello readers! *kaway kaway* mmm.. my second English article dito sa book (or should I say, compilation kong ito). Assignment namin 'to sa English, na naman! One paragraph lang kasi.. yan ang instruction eh. Pfft. Anyway, enjoy!] :))

God-fearing. Kind-hearted. Intelligent. Responsible. Hardworking. Outgoing. Generous. Caring. Loving. You name it, she has it all. She is a woman of integrity and strength. She can stand by your side like your biological mother, can understand you all the time and will do her best just to make you happy. She’s near to perfection. For me, she could do anything because she is more than a superwoman. I saw her at her worst but I still think that she is the best. Everyone calls her Ma’am Flong for that is her nickname but simply, I’d love to keep her in my heart and call her Ms. P-6 (Miss Physics). I met Ms. Flordeliz O. Bucad once upon a time at Samal National High School, my dearest Alma Mater and she’s the second mother of our school. When she enters our campus, you wouldn’t even notice that she’s there because she looks like an ordinary student roaming around the school grounds. Moreover, every school days, she comes early to school to make her visual aids and lesson plans. Actually, she’s the most punctual teacher at SNHS. She teaches her students very well and explains every single formula involved in Physics thoroughly and when she sees the puzzled faces of her students in the midst of her discussion, she throws funny jokes or tells us random yet interesting true-to-life stories. Learning a tough subject would never add up to your heavy luggage in life if she’s your mentor. “Dodong/gang-gang” or “My dear child/children” is what she calls every student in school, cute isn’t it? Her smile lights up our moods and her face acts like a ray of sunshine that gives us hope when we encounter trials in our studies. She never failed to remind us that there is always a wonderful rainbow of new beginnings and chances after the unending storms and rains in life. As my Physics coach, she has been there every step of the way. She never left but rather stayed by my side and supported me until the Regional Level of our competition. Even if I haven’t reached the top five, for her, I am still the best and the champion among the Physics quizzers in the entire region. On the other hand, Ma’am Flong is a very loving daughter to her mother and a supportive sister – the reason why she didn’t had the time and chance to look for the perfect man that she can spend her forever with, but she has no regrets about it. Instead, she devoted her attention to her students, family and to the Most High Jesus Christ - that is the most perfect example of true love. Love is an enchanted sacrifice, it is putting other’s life first than your own happiness and it is not being selfish but it’s about being selfless. “A person is remembered not by his or her physical features. The biggest impact is in his or her relationship towards other people and his or her noble actions done”. My sixty-year old teacher captured hearts, mended lives and added colors to the world of her fellowmen, and that spark of hers will remain forever in me.