Chapter Seven

"I have something I need to tell you," he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back at him. "I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though."

"That's sensible of you," I say, smiling too. "We should find some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something."

I feel his laughter against my side, his nose sliding along my jaw, his lips pressing my ear.

"Maybe I'm already sure," he says, "and I just don't want to frighten you."

I laugh a little. "Then you should know better."

"Fine," he says. "Then I love you."

― Veronica Roth, Divergent

Xander's POV (Not Edited)

So... What's your plan about your bastard brother? If you want, I will punch him to death, for you.. He said furiously as he lays the envelope beside him.

Don't do it Nick, you're wasting your time with him. He's not worthy.. Let him do what he wants to do in his life.. I'm not anymore interested in them.. At least I know the reason.. I don't care for them anymore, particularly Alex.. He chose him, not me, not our three years of being together.. I said dryly as I controlled my anger..

Okay, if that's what you want. I think it's a good decision.. Then he abruptly stood up.. By the way, here's the ring...

I stood up, took the ring and put it in my trouser pocket..

Are you leaving now? I asked..

Yeah, I have to.. I'll see you at the airport... He taps his hand to the backrest of my shoulder and strode towards the doorway..

Right away, I called my secretary to inform her that I'm leaving and to remind her to contact me if there's an emergency..

After fidgeting my things in my penthouse, I immediately went to Kassandra's apartment just four kilometers off from my penthouse.. I park my car in front of the building, clamber out and strode towards the main entryway..

I accede and I noticed the familiar face of a woman strides towards me. When she's got nearer, I stop as I distinguish her.. She's Penelope Carter, my ex.. I broke up with her when I caught her up kissing and flirting with another man.. When I spun around, it's too late because she acknowledged me..

Xander, is that you? She asked and smile flirtatiously..

Oh... Hi.. A fake smile plastered on my face..

What are you doing in here? You're not residing in here, am I right? She asked confusedly while her body gets close, enough to see her cleavage..

Yeah... I do not actually reside here, but my fiance does.. And she's waiting for me right now, to pick her up.. I stated.

She steps backward. Her mouth drops open as she couldn't find any words to say.

Wh... What? Do you imply that Alex and you again? She spoke directly to me..

My blood was boiling with anger as she stated the name but I want to control it for her not to notice me..

No.. I shook my head... Alex is my past.. I don't have any contact with her since she left. I smiled fakely.

Okay.. So, who's the lucky girl? She asked.

That's for you to find out... I smiled and strides towards the elevator..

A minute after, I was at the front door. I immediately press the doorbell but no ones answered nor any voice that I've heard.. I twist the doorknob and I find out that it was unlocked.. I became agitated and strides in.. I check the living room, the kitchen, but she's nowhere.. So I decided to check out of her room. But when I hold the doorknob, I was shocked that she instantly opened it.. I don't know how to explain to her as I was beguiled by her alluring beauty. She wears a white halter dress that hugs her curvaceous body. She didn't put too much make up.. Her blond hair was tied into a ponytail. Her lips...