Chapter Three

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close."

― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets

Xander's POV (NOT EDITED)

Two days in Venice, Italy was a wretched to me.... I'm very much occupied when my private investigator said to me that the article of that newspaper was true and I don't know what would happen if I didn't go with that plan. And until now, I didn't even decide yet... It's just... It's hard for me to do that because I'm afraid to go back those disastrous memories again... I thought.."

As I glance at the alarm clock on my bedside table, I notice that it's already 5:00 am in the morning. So I quickly got up from my bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower..

An hour after, I went downstairs... I was surprised, when I saw my mom these early, in my penthouse, preparing a breakfast for me..

Mom... What are you doing here..? Does dad know that you're here? I asked.

I'm here son, to talk to you.. It's about your father.. I know already his stupidity, about forcing you to that marriage thing...! She said worriedly...

No, Mom, you don't have to... Dad's decision was final... And you cannot just change it...! I said with finality...

But son, I'm worried about you... Of course I'm excited and happy to get you married, but not at this situation.. And you already know the consequences.. What if you cannot find a girl? She said hysterically..

But... Mom.... There's nothing to worry you about.. It's my decision to make and I'm capable of this... Just leave dad, about his decision..! You cannot change him... And you know that...! I frowned.

But son, she mumbles again and I cut it off..

Please mom... Don't worry about me, okay? I decided it already.. I gasp... And I already found the lucky woman... I lied and smile.

Are you sure, son? Since Alex left you, I didn't know if you've dated any woman seriously... She glared at me quizzically.

Yeah... I'm very sure mom... And you will see her soon... I wink at her and smile.

I don't want to lie at her, but at the same time I don't want to worry her for me.. I love my mother very much, and I don't want to make it to the point that I will risk her health.. I thought

Oh... She gasps.. I'm very excited to meet and know her son.. She giggles while tapping her hands to my face..

Mom... Stop doing that...! You're giggling like..  like a teenager..! I chuckle..

Sorry son, but I'm just so excited! And I can't help it! She giggles again.. So how's your business trip in Venice? She asked..

Our business there run smoothly, mom... But, how did know about my business trip?

When I called to your office the other day, your secretary told me that your out of the country for business and she also told me, that 3 am today was your arrival. that's why I'm very early today.. And here is your breakfast.. I'd cooked it for you because I know that you're so tired..She placed the food on the table while she smiled happily at me..

Oh... Thank you so much mom... You know, you don't have to do this...  I can do it myself... But I appreciate your effort on preparing these delicious meals mom... I sat down immediately on the stool as I said to her..