Chapter Five

“I didn’t leave early that morning. I waited for him to wake up and kiss me good morning. He said he was going to take a shower and I should come join him. I thought now was as good of a time as any and placed the ring on his corner table with my note. 

It read:

My Love, I don’t know how you will accept my decision. I do love you with all my heart but you are not my first love. I am always going to be infatuated with my love for the sea. Accept my proposal after I have completed my education, claim my heart for thy own & obtain thy love in which it possesses.

With all My Love, Zara

-emerald eyes of the sea” 

― Hazel Cartwright, Emerald Eyes of The Sea

Kassandra's POV.. (Not Edited)

I'm walking down the streets of Manhattan... I was very upset to my father's stupid decision.. I wanted to go in his office, cursing him of what he does to me, to us, but I cannot afford to do that.. Dad was right, he's so kind to us, but not in a righteous way. I really just don't know what to do and how to deal with that arrogant man.. As for what I thought of it...

I fumbled when my phone vibrated, I dug into my bag. I frowned of the unregistered number appearing on the screen.. Maybe it was one of my clients. I thought.. So, I just answered it..

Hello, Kassandra William... I said cheerfully..

This is Xander Liam Connell, __.. The warmth and the- oh- so familiar voice on the other line..

Oh, Great! My future husband... To what do I owe the honor of this call? I sarcastically asked..

Pack up your important things, we will go to Boston for two days.. We will have to attend my friend's wedding.. I'll be at your doorstep at exactly 7:00 pm sharp..

What? Why I have to go with__... Oh.! Sh*t.! That bastard..! I murmured irritatingly as he ended the call...

At exactly 5:00 PM, I was at my apartment already.. I'm scared about what people will ask about us.. Maybe, I will ask that mogul when we got there.. I said to myself...

I went to my room. Starting to rummage my clothes in my closet. I startled for a moment when the doorbell buzzed... I felt nervous as I open the door.. I was surprised that it was my best friend who is currently on vacation two weeks ago in Barbados.. I was relieved when I saw her smiling at me, but at the same time, I'm afraid to tell her about the deal.. It's because I promised to my father that I will keep it a secret as long as the contract end..

Hey, Cathy.. I missed you so much!... I hugged her tightly.. What's up? How's your vacation? I ask cheerfully...

I missed you too Kass... My vacation there was awesome.. I've met one nice guy there, but before I'll tell you my story, can we go inside and tell me what's happening here after I left? She chuckles as we strode into the living room..

Okay.. I said.. We were chatting about my mom, dad and the current situation of the company. She was shocked about the news.. Just as I glance at the clock, it's almost 6:00 pm..

Sh*t..! I begun to panic thought that I didn't finish packing up my clothes...

What's the problem, Kass? You seemed so annoyed.. She asked curiously..

I... I don't know how to tell you this Cathy, but I'm in a hurry.. I'll be leaving Manhattan today.. Can you just help me pack up my clothes and pick me a dress that is suitable for a wedding event? I ask a little nervous..

What? You were going to attend a wedding? To whom? She asked confusedly..

I'm going to Boston in two days Cath.. I don't know who... But... Uh... It's just... I sigh..