Chapter Fifteen

"I have learned that if you must leave a place that you have lived in and loved and where all your yesteryears are buried deep, leave it any way except a slow way, leave it the fastest way you can. Never turn back and never believe that an hour you remember is a better hour because it is dead. Passed years seem safe ones, vanquished ones, while the future lives in a cloud, formidable from a distance."

― ,Beryl Markham, West with the Night

Kassandra's POV( Not Edited)

The fragrance of soap and his warmth breath which made me wake in my reverie. I slowly open my eyes and rub it, for me to see it distinctly.. 

Oh! My God! I pant as I saw Xander looms over me. His hair is still wet and I noticed that he's half naked with only a small towel that covered, down to his waist. 

 What are you doing? I asked and wrapped my body as I noticed that I'm not wearing anything- a flash of the scene last night came to haunt me.. 

Oh... God! I gasp..

He fumbles and move quickly, away from my bed like a thief when I caught him off guard. I immediately sat when he was off my bed. He was off- balanced, but quickly recovered before he fell off the floor. Then, the small towel that wrapped around his waist loosened. He's not fast enough to take hold of the towel before it fell on the floor. 

 I was totally shocked. My eyes opened wide, seeing him in all his glory.. Naked in front of me.....

Oh my, goodness! He's so gorgeous and.... HUGE! 

I just couldn't take my eyes off him.. Oh, my God.. Forgive me of what I saw.. I murmured softly..

Kassandra! Xander, gritted his teeth, got the towel on the floor and wrapped it around his waist. His face was as red as a tomato. He was very mad and embarrassed. 

I.... I'm so sorry.. I.. I.. I stammered.. I'm just kind of panicking when I saw you on top of me.. I felt my face heated as I directly said the word to him.. 

He was also speechless.. He doesn't even know what to say.. It takes a minute before he replied. Okay.... I'm... Sorry... I caught you off guard.. He calms his voice, then heave a sigh and ducked down his head.. Uh... Mmm.. About last night. He paused dramatically... Maybe I should explain it later tonight.. Dress up in your comfortable dress.. I'll pick you up at 6:00 PM before we get back to New York.. He said and went out of my room... 

 I sat on the bed, leaning my head on the headboard while my eyes looking blankly at the ceiling..

What is he planning to do tonight? Is he planning to have a dinner date with me? I asked myself- completely confused... 

No... You're thinking too much, Kassandra! You're not his type to get dates with.. He only wanted to talk to you about last night, nothing more, nothing less.. My other mind said. 

I startled and get back on my reverie when my phone vibrated. I pick it up on the bedside table and saw that it's Cathy who called.. 

Oh... For sure she's already excited to know about my stay here with Mr. Arrogant.. I thought and press the answer button.. 

"Hello my dear friend.." Cathy greeted cheerfully before I answered her on the other line. How's Mr. Gorgeous? She teased. 

Oh, you're still impossible Catherine.. I laughed softly.. So, why are you calling me at this early? Is there anything happened? I asked worriedly.. 

No, Kass.. There's nothing for you to worry about. I called you because I want to tell you that I met Dylan yesterday.. 

I was speechless and shocked.. I don't really know what to say... It was almost 5 years since Dylan leaves me without notice. He is my first boyfriend yet he didn't even tell me about his leaving. We were planning to get married after our five years together, but it didn't happen when he's the one who leave. I was badly hurt, I cried a lot for him until I decided to get moving on with my life. I keep my life busy with my family and work just to forget him and now he's back.. What for? I heaved a heavy sigh..