Chapter Nineteen

"Love rules the court, the camp, the grove, and men below, and the saints above, for love is heaven, and heaven is love. " 

―Walter Scott   

Kassandra's POV (NOT EDITED)

Shit! Where am I? I fumble as I woke up in a strange room.. I heave a deep breath to calm myself while looking at the ambiance of the room. I noticed that I'm wearing a men's shirt. 

Then, I suddenly remember of what happen to us after the dinner we had with my parents. It's funny to think that he have this idea of taking me in his ranch. We'll, it surprise me.. He still have this kind of.. you know.. Thoughtful and caring. He tour me around and have this light but serious conversation. He apologize of all he did and what surprised me most is that he confessed about his feelings towards me. He told me that he likes me on the first time we met. I'm flattered when he said that but, he didn't love me, he only like me. Liking to a person is far from loving, that is why I decided not to tell him about my feelings. I'm scared as hell if I tell him the truth.. So, I just told him that maybe we could start as a friend and he just agreed into it. 

Suddenly, I hear the door opened. I hurriedly laid back on the bed and closed my eyes. He strode to my bed as I could smell his aftershave and my favorite scent of him. He then sat down on the bed, beside me and whispered..

I know you are already awake, sweetheart..

Shit! How come he noticed me? I asked myself. So, I decided to open my eyes and shock plastered on my face when I saw that he's smiling deviously beside me with only a towel that covered throughout his body.

What are you doing? I furiously asked.

What's the matter with me in your bed? We've been shared it many times.. He rose his eyebrow while smiling at me devilishly.

FYI, we've only shared it once.. And don't stare at me like that.. I know that kind of stares.. I pinch his nose and hurriedly went out on bed. By the way it's your father's birthday today. Do you have any present to him? If not I will be the one to buy, if it's okay with you.

Of course, I have a present to my father and hurry up we are getting late to our wedding.. He said smiling at my direction.

What? What did you say? Our wedding? I asked him confusedly.

Shit! Is he serious? I thought our wedding will be by next week? Why the sudden change of mind? I thought furiously.

Yes, our wedding.. I'm sorry, I made a sudden decision on my own. I'd rather consult you before I made this decision but I think it's better to get wed today rather than next week.. I have a lot of things to catch up in my office. He explain as he sat down on my bed.

Okay.. I heave a long sigh to absorb the shocking news.. I don't have any choice. Let me shower first and dressed up.. I plastered a fake smile and strode towards the shower room.

Minutes after as I went out of the bathroom, I saw a note and a bouquet of flowers on my bedside table. 

Kassandra,

I know that this is not your perfect wedding that you dream of, but I want you to know that I am here always to care and protect you no matter what happens to our journey.

Truly your's

Xander

Tears steaming in my cheeks as I read the notes and immediately brushed them away as I heard the door open. I spun around to look who's entering my room and saw a middle aged woman smiling politely towards my direction.