Chapter One

XANDER'S POV (NOT EDITED)

The moment I arrived at our office building, the security guard greeted me.

Good morning, sir,

Good morning, Mr. Connell

I nodded at them and hurriedly went to my private elevator as I arrived late. When the elevator opened, I stepped out and went directly to my office.

Good morning Sir. May I remind you about the meeting with the investors. My secretary stated.

Are they all set? The documents? I asked nonchalantly.

Yes, Sir.. In fact, they are already here. She replied confidently.

Okay... I heave a deep sigh.

As I went to the conference room, my secretary approached me about the sudden change of my schedule and she also told me that my father wants to talk to me.

Why he wants to talk to me? About what? I was confused."

At one o'clock in the afternoon, the meeting had ended. When I went to my office, I was surprised that my father was there, sitting on the couch, waiting for me.

"Good afternoon dad.. What made you visit this sudden? My secretary told me that you want to talk with me.. Is there any problem about the company? I asked him with a stern face.

After his liver transplant 2 years ago, he stayed at the mansion together with mom and my 19 year old adopted sister. And because of that, I'm the one acting as the CEO.. When I finish my master's degree at the age of 23, my father taught me step by step on how to manage a multi-million business that my great great grandfather built. I started in the lowest position because I didn't want to have a special treatment from them, even if I'm the son of the owner and I don't want to disappoint them...

I'm here son, because after 2 years of handling our company without me in your side, you prove to me that you can be able to rule this empire. You are acting now as the CEO but you prove to me that you're better than me, son and you make this company a multi-billion and more profitable than we never had. And this day, I'm officially giving you this position, but in one condition."he glared at me seriously."

"You have to get married and have your own family. You know it is our family tradition. "He said with finality in his voice..

"Dad..! I don't need to build my own family because you are now my family and I don't even need a wife..! I can run our company without being married." I frowned at him as I said..

"But son, you have to! It's a family tradition to get married before running our family's business..! "You are now turning 29 this year and it's not a big deal to have your own family..! He stared at me angrily and inhaled deeply".

And your mother is very excited to see her future grandchildren. We were not getting any younger to wait for that moment son, he smiled at me genuinely."

I don't want to argue these things with you, dad..! With this fu**ing traditional thing.! And you cannot force me to do this..!"I snarls at him".

But my father was till very sedate, even if I'm being rude to him.

OK, if that's what you want, son.. I don't want to force you." I felt relieved when he said that to me."

But more thing Xander,"my heart stops beating when I see his eyes glared at me seriously.

"I will let Christopher, your cousin manages to all of our business". He admonishes..

But, if you will announce and present to us our future daughter in law on my 60th birthday, you will be automatically replaced me, officially as the CEO. He said and stalked out the door before leaving my office..