Chapter Twenty Three

Kassandra's POV (Unedited)

It's been 2 months now since I left. Every passing day and nights without him beside me makes me feel like there's a missing part of my heart. I don't know why.... I just.... missed him terribly. His touch, his lips, everything in him. I wonder what's he's doing right now. Is he doing well? Did he missed me too? I asked myself while looking at the view of the school.

Of course, he will be alright.. He was only nice to you. Your relationship with him is not that serious. You didn't even heard him saying that he loves you. Don't be too naive, Kassandra! I scolded myself.

I was about to leave the faculty room when I saw my colleague, panting. She looks like she's looking for someone.

Did you see, Xander? She asked while her eyes were roaming around..

What? Did I heard her right? How did she know about him? And why she's looking for him? Oh, my... What if.. I stopped in my mid thinking when she tapped me.

Hey! Are you okay? You looked pale.. Did I say something wrong? She asked worriedly.

Uh... No.. I... I mean.. Who's Xander? Why.... are you looking for him? I stammered as I asked.

Uh... Xander? He's a student who transferred here in our school. I was about to introduce him to the class when he abruptly run out of the room. And so I came to asked. Why? Did you saw him? She asked intriguingly.

Ah... No.. I mean... I don't know him neither saw him. I am just also new here. I replied and heave a deep sigh of relief.

Oh.. You're new.. That's why I didn't recognize you.. But.. Why you looked so pale lately.. Are you truly okay? She asked..

Uh... Yeah.. I'm very okay.. Thanks for your concern.. I said and smiled at her.

Okay... By the way I'm Martha. I'm one of the the senior teacher here. Did Mr. Green tour you around. She asked.

Yeah.. He did tour me yesterday. He even oriented me of what subject I'd be handling. (She's referring to our shool principal who happens to be my parents closest friend.) By the way, I'm Sophia. Nice to meet you, Martha.. Im extending my hands as I introduced myself.

It's nice to meet you too, Sophia.. Good luck on your first day. Excuse me, I have to go. I still have class at 10. She smiled and left.

I left New York and went to Georgia. The birth land of my grandfather. I decided to went here since its far from the city and most of the people here didn't recognize me. I made sure that Xander will not be able to find me as I know that he will paid an investigator to find me. I asked Uncle Green if I could worked as a pre school teacher in his school and he agreed. I also ask him a favor if I could hide my identity. He refused and confused at first but I explained to him the reason.

Hello... Good morning kids! I greeted and plastered a big smile as I entered the room. By the way.. I'm Miss Sophia Montana.. Are you ready for our activity for today..

I was surprised when all of their eyes where on me. They were half amused and half smiling. I thought that they wouldn't mind me at all. They were a child who had an autism. At first, I was hesitant to take this job but when I saw them yesterday, I saw how eager they were to learn dispite their mental disabilities. And I am very much grateful that I experienced to teach them.

Moments later..

I went to the city right after my class to have my prenatal consultation. I was still baffled of what my students did since it was my first day to teach. I was just amazed of their works. I couldn't believe that they were capable of doing things beyond the normal people do.. I stop in my mid thinking as my named called.