Chapter Twenty Two

Kassandra's POV  (Unedited)

"Based on your first day of your last menstrual period, you're now 5 weeks pregnant, Mrs. Connell.. Congratulations! Dr. Albert Hall said when I went to his clinic".

And now... I don't know how to say this to Xander. Should I tell him or not? For sure he will not like the idea of having an unplanned baby. I sigh in frustration and shook my head.

It's already eleven in the evening but I still I don't see any shadow of Xander. I've been trying to call him but he didn't answer. Maybe the party have just started at this time.. I thought.. So.. I decided to go to bed and sleep.

I woke up in the morning without Xander beside me. It's already five in the morning yet I didn't receive any calls nor a message from him.

Where is he? Where did he sleep? I asked myself, worriedly.

I startled when my phone vibrated. I immediately pressed the green button and answered.

Hello, sweetheart.. I'm so sorry for not calling you back last night. Are you mad at me? His voice sounds like he had done a serious crime to me.

I'm not mad at you.. But you've made me worried last night. By the way... Where are you now? I asked, a little furious.

I'm in the office.. Uh... Why? Are you not feeling well again? He asked with a concern in his voice..

No.. I'm just asking.. I have something to tell you, but I will just visit the gallery first. Is it okay with you?I asked.

Of course, sweetheart... I'll wait you here.. he said.

Okay.. thanks.. I said then hang up the phone.

I was in my gallery but mind is still thinking about how would I tell Xander about the baby. I heave a deep sigh while looking at my unfinished paintings.

As I was thinking of a way on how to tell Xander  when I heard a familiar voice who just came in the gallery. I spun around and surprised to see Kathy smiling happily heading towards me.

Oh... Kath, what made you here? I thought you were on vacation? I asked, trying to compose myself for her not notice my sad face.

I cancelled it.. Why? Are you not happy seeing me here? She said, pouting her lips as she hugged me.

No... Of course not.. I reacted.. I love seeing you here.. You're my best friend. I said and give her a big smile.

Thank you, best friend.. She said, smiling, sitting beside me.

Whats that for? I asked, curious of his sudden change of mood.

Uh.. Nothing... Its just. I was really in the bad mood today.. She answered.

Why? Its unusual of you.. I asked while taking a bite of the sandwich..

She heave a deep sigh and answered.. Its about Brandon.. The guy I met in Paris. She said in a sad face.

What? That moron? What did he do to you? I furiously asked, concerned.

Then she handed me her hand and saw the diamond ring on her ring finger. She laughed as I was furiously looking at her for making me a fool of his drama but at the same time happy. We chatted and laughed the whole morning that I almost forgot my meeting with my husband. Minutes after she left, I went out of my gallery and called Xander. He didn't answered. Maybe hes still busy. I thought. 

As I open the car door when I noticed a familiar face heading towards me. My blood boils when I saw who's heading.. 

That bitch!How come she knows my whereabouts? I asked myself, furiously looking at her.